Faction Imperial Stout
Color is dark dark brown. The head appears to be ruby red as you pour it into a glass, but then a milk chocolate brown color overtakes all evidence of redness. Aroma is burnt malt with cacao nibs and coffee grounds and vanilla. Taste is malt forward as you would expect, with bold, roasted malt along with coffee and cacao. Those flavors are cut by a creamy vanilla sweetness on the finish. Hops are earthy and piney and spicy. Mouthfeel is astringent. Overall a really well crafted, high quality Imperial Stout.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 3 minutes ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to L.A. Beers. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Dos Equis Amber. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Fort George Fresh IPA. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Fire, Skulls & Money. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity