Experimental J-Hole pours a clear, dark amber with a cream colored head that is fizzy and frothy like the head on a root beer float. Aroma is nutty and malt-forward. Taste is also malt-forward at first, with roasted malt, dark bread like rye and pumpernickel, and just a bit of caramel sweetness. Quite hoppy as well with earthy and fruity hops. Actually very well balanced for this style. Mild bitterness and super smooth mouthfeel. This is a fantastic Red IPA that brings together complementary skills from both Melvin Brewing and Rhinegeist Brewery.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Super Beta. 57 minutes ago
- lauralane listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Creme Brulee Imperial Milk Stout. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Origin DIPA. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Icelandic Winter Ale (2016). 4 hours ago
- Alexa listened to All About the Stout. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Here Comes the Reaper. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity