Experimental J-Hole pours a clear, dark amber with a cream colored head that is fizzy and frothy like the head on a root beer float. Aroma is nutty and malt-forward. Taste is also malt-forward at first, with roasted malt, dark bread like rye and pumpernickel, and just a bit of caramel sweetness. Quite hoppy as well with earthy and fruity hops. Actually very well balanced for this style. Mild bitterness and super smooth mouthfeel. This is a fantastic Red IPA that brings together complementary skills from both Melvin Brewing and Rhinegeist Brewery.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Sam Adams Octoberfest. 4 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Citra High. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Perpetual Haze. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Dark Star Black Kölsch. 4 hours ago
- DadMike added a rating for Devil Dancer. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Redhook Long Hammer IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity