Exit 18 Baltic Porter
Appearance is dark brown with some mahogany and reddish hues. One finger of tan colored head with appropriate lacing. Aroma is malty, with dark roasted malt and toffee. Taste is malty and smooth, with layers of chocolate and coffee. We also get raisin, cherry, leather, tobacco, and molasses. But there's just a hint of sweetness. Hops are in the background, but they have a noticeably earthy and spicy flavor. Very mild bitterness, but lots of earthiness that really balances out the malts. Fantastic mouthfeel and a full body, especially for the style. Nice depth of flavor with complexity and smoothness from start to finish. We let this one age a couple years and it sure is tasting great!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 8 minutes ago
- dheliker and 1 other uploaded a photo for beer Petty. 38 minutes ago
- dheliker added a rating for Petty. 41 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Umbrella Single-Hop IPA. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Blam! Blam!. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Seizoen. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Crusher. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Pumps Bumps -N- Rollers. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity