Exit 18 Baltic Porter
Appearance is dark brown with some mahogany and reddish hues. One finger of tan colored head with appropriate lacing. Aroma is malty, with dark roasted malt and toffee. Taste is malty and smooth, with layers of chocolate and coffee. We also get raisin, cherry, leather, tobacco, and molasses. But there's just a hint of sweetness. Hops are in the background, but they have a noticeably earthy and spicy flavor. Very mild bitterness, but lots of earthiness that really balances out the malts. Fantastic mouthfeel and a full body, especially for the style. Nice depth of flavor with complexity and smoothness from start to finish. We let this one age a couple years and it sure is tasting great!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 33 minutes ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Samuel Adams Summer Ale. 49 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Blackened Voodoo Lager. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Formless Reflections. 1 hour ago
- budman1 listened to Christmas Special. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Out of Bounds Strawberry Blonde. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity