Exit 18 Baltic Porter
Appearance is dark brown with some mahogany and reddish hues. One finger of tan colored head with appropriate lacing. Aroma is malty, with dark roasted malt and toffee. Taste is malty and smooth, with layers of chocolate and coffee. We also get raisin, cherry, leather, tobacco, and molasses. But there's just a hint of sweetness. Hops are in the background, but they have a noticeably earthy and spicy flavor. Very mild bitterness, but lots of earthiness that really balances out the malts. Fantastic mouthfeel and a full body, especially for the style. Nice depth of flavor with complexity and smoothness from start to finish. We let this one age a couple years and it sure is tasting great!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Miscellanea Vol. 2. 10 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Citridiculous. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Daisy Cutter. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 and 1 other listened to The Dark and the Pale. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Florida Avenue India Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Union Jack. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Harvest Wet Hop IPA. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tropical IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity