Exit 18 Baltic Porter
Appearance is dark brown with some mahogany and reddish hues. One finger of tan colored head with appropriate lacing. Aroma is malty, with dark roasted malt and toffee. Taste is malty and smooth, with layers of chocolate and coffee. We also get raisin, cherry, leather, tobacco, and molasses. But there’s just a hint of sweetness. Hops are in the background, but they have a noticeably earthy and spicy flavor. Very mild bitterness, but lots of earthiness that really balances out the malts. Fantastic mouthfeel and a full body, especially for the style. Nice depth of flavor with complexity and smoothness from start to finish. We let this one age a couple years and it sure is tasting great!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Urumea Donostiako Pale Ale. 30 minutes ago
- plarson listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Latitude 33 Blood Orange IPA. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Everyone Gose Mad. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Samuel Adams Stony Brook Red. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Starburst IPA. 7 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to What's My Name Again?. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity