Epic Barley Wine
We were lucky enough to snag a bottle of Batch 14, bottled in 2013, and aged it in the Beer of the Day Vault for a few years. The resulting barley wine was quite smooth but also managed to maintain a surprising amount of hop bitterness. It pours a walnut color with an apricot glow around the edges. It's quite hazy, allowing only shadows to appear through it. The aroma is complex and nutty with smells of cashew and oak mixing with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. The flavor is equally as complex with an earthy hoppiness up front with its bitterness balanced by dark fruits of cherry and raisin. As with any barleywine worth it's weight, the booze is there but doesn't provide much of a kick for 10.4%. This will be tough to get your hands on, but be sure to pick it up if you come across it.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Sudwerk Fest Harvest Lager. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Dayglow IPA. 1 hour ago
- DadMike and 1 other added a rating for Ayinger Oktober Fest-Marzen. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Pale to the King. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Pop-Up Session IPA. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Double Nut Brown Porter. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Hanalei Island IPA. 5 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity