Epic Barley Wine
We were lucky enough to snag a bottle of Batch 14, bottled in 2013, and aged it in the Beer of the Day Vault for a few years. The resulting barley wine was quite smooth but also managed to maintain a surprising amount of hop bitterness. It pours a walnut color with an apricot glow around the edges. It's quite hazy, allowing only shadows to appear through it. The aroma is complex and nutty with smells of cashew and oak mixing with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. The flavor is equally as complex with an earthy hoppiness up front with its bitterness balanced by dark fruits of cherry and raisin. As with any barleywine worth it's weight, the booze is there but doesn't provide much of a kick for 10.4%. This will be tough to get your hands on, but be sure to pick it up if you come across it.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for King Sue. 14 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Momo Haze. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to Some Pumpkins. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Stone Ruination 2.0. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Exit 3 Blueberry Braggot. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Birra Nursia Bionda. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Pina Agria. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity