Color is medium amber with some copper red highlights. Mostly clear with a continuous string of ascending bubbles. Head is off-white, frothy, and seems to last forever. Aroma is very sour and fruity. Taste is a milder sour, not as much as we expected based on the nose. The elderberries add some fruit complexity, but the flavor isn’t too dominant. Oak, vanilla, and bourbon flavors come in at the end, with some semi-sweet maltiness. Medium body and nicely carbonated. As far as sours go, this is really balanced between the tartness and the elderberry, with a sweet bourbon sweetness to round things out.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada and 1 other added a rating for PsycHOPathy IPA. 18 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Crosby Hop Farm Sterling Wet Hop Pilsner. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Upslope Pumpkin Ale. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for LaGrave. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Japanese Green Tea IPA. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Rooster's Cream Ale. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to What's My Name Again?. 7 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Hopslam Ale. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity