Color is medium amber with some copper red highlights. Mostly clear with a continuous string of ascending bubbles. Head is off-white, frothy, and seems to last forever. Aroma is very sour and fruity. Taste is a milder sour, not as much as we expected based on the nose. The elderberries add some fruit complexity, but the flavor isn't too dominant. Oak, vanilla, and bourbon flavors come in at the end, with some semi-sweet maltiness. Medium body and nicely carbonated. As far as sours go, this is really balanced between the tartness and the elderberry, with a sweet bourbon sweetness to round things out.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Out Of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter. 31 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Shake Chocolate Porter. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming listened to The Dark and the Pale. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Hazelutely Choctabulous. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sasquatchito XPA. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Christmas Show 2018. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity