Color is medium amber with some copper red highlights. Mostly clear with a continuous string of ascending bubbles. Head is off-white, frothy, and seems to last forever. Aroma is very sour and fruity. Taste is a milder sour, not as much as we expected based on the nose. The elderberries add some fruit complexity, but the flavor isn't too dominant. Oak, vanilla, and bourbon flavors come in at the end, with some semi-sweet maltiness. Medium body and nicely carbonated. As far as sours go, this is really balanced between the tartness and the elderberry, with a sweet bourbon sweetness to round things out.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller added a rating for Storms of Saturn. 55 minutes ago
- lposada listened to Arkham's Finest Star Destroyer Umami Rover Truck NxS. 58 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Alpine Duet. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Magnetic Fields. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Invasive Species IPA. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Goose Experimental Ale. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 and 1 other added a rating for Wells Banana Bread Beer. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Lemon Drip. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity