Color is medium amber with some copper red highlights. Mostly clear with a continuous string of ascending bubbles. Head is off-white, frothy, and seems to last forever. Aroma is very sour and fruity. Taste is a milder sour, not as much as we expected based on the nose. The elderberries add some fruit complexity, but the flavor isn't too dominant. Oak, vanilla, and bourbon flavors come in at the end, with some semi-sweet maltiness. Medium body and nicely carbonated. As far as sours go, this is really balanced between the tartness and the elderberry, with a sweet bourbon sweetness to round things out.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for East India Pale Ale. 57 minutes ago
- Vette432 and 1 other listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 1 hour ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Lilith's Brethren. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Avery Twenty Three Anniversary. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Four Seasons Of Mother Earth - Winter. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for AleSchmidt Oktoberfest. 6 hours ago
- plarson listened to Get Your Kicks 66. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Schlafly White Lager. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity