El Cedro Batch #8
El Cedro from Jester King pours a hazy, golden color with a couple fingers of pure white, foamy head. Funky aroma of light Brettanomyces yeast and pine needles. Taste has a lot of that farmhouse yeast up front, and there's also a bitter, earthy, piney hop flavor. Plus some lemon lime citrus, maybe even some green apple and pear. The cedar aging gives it a touch of wood or barrel notes. Well carbonated with a dry, effervescent mouthful. Slightly tart and very crisp and refreshing. High quality and very enjoyable - this is a farmhouse ale where hopheads will appreciate the bitterness.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Heart of Stone. 18 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Hop Sounds. 41 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Fat Head's Head Hunter. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for ALL CAPS. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Trumer Pils. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sabre-Toothed Squirrel. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 75 Minute IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity