El Cedro Batch #8
El Cedro from Jester King pours a hazy, golden color with a couple fingers of pure white, foamy head. Funky aroma of light Brettanomyces yeast and pine needles. Taste has a lot of that farmhouse yeast up front, and there's also a bitter, earthy, piney hop flavor. Plus some lemon lime citrus, maybe even some green apple and pear. The cedar aging gives it a touch of wood or barrel notes. Well carbonated with a dry, effervescent mouthful. Slightly tart and very crisp and refreshing. High quality and very enjoyable - this is a farmhouse ale where hopheads will appreciate the bitterness.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 35 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale. 59 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to L.A. Beers. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Dos Equis Amber. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Fort George Fresh IPA. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Fire, Skulls & Money. 7 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for The Fix (2018). 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity