El Cedro Batch #8
El Cedro from Jester King pours a hazy, golden color with a couple fingers of pure white, foamy head. Funky aroma of light Brettanomyces yeast and pine needles. Taste has a lot of that farmhouse yeast up front, and there's also a bitter, earthy, piney hop flavor. Plus some lemon lime citrus, maybe even some green apple and pear. The cedar aging gives it a touch of wood or barrel notes. Well carbonated with a dry, effervescent mouthful. Slightly tart and very crisp and refreshing. High quality and very enjoyable - this is a farmhouse ale where hopheads will appreciate the bitterness.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Field to Ferment - Citra (2017). 32 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Going Vertical with Three Philosophers. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 and 1 other listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Alpine Hoppy Birthday. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Cold Beer on a Hot Summer Day. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Witchfinder. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Shuttle Bunny (8th Anniversary) Double White IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity