El Cedro Batch #8
El Cedro from Jester King pours a hazy, golden color with a couple fingers of pure white, foamy head. Funky aroma of light Brettanomyces yeast and pine needles. Taste has a lot of that farmhouse yeast up front, and there's also a bitter, earthy, piney hop flavor. Plus some lemon lime citrus, maybe even some green apple and pear. The cedar aging gives it a touch of wood or barrel notes. Well carbonated with a dry, effervescent mouthful. Slightly tart and very crisp and refreshing. High quality and very enjoyable - this is a farmhouse ale where hopheads will appreciate the bitterness.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer and 1 other added a rating for Young's Double Chocolate Stout. 53 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Galactica IPA. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Memory Foam. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Invent the Universe. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Füry Kölsch. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 3 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Arkham's Finest Star Destroyer Umami Rover Truck NxS. 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Summerfest. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity