El Cedro Batch #8
El Cedro from Jester King pours a hazy, golden color with a couple fingers of pure white, foamy head. Funky aroma of light Brettanomyces yeast and pine needles. Taste has a lot of that farmhouse yeast up front, and there’s also a bitter, earthy, piney hop flavor. Plus some lemon lime citrus, maybe even some green apple and pear. The cedar aging gives it a touch of wood or barrel notes. Well carbonated with a dry, effervescent mouthful. Slightly tart and very crisp and refreshing. High quality and very enjoyable - this is a farmhouse ale where hopheads will appreciate the bitterness.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Depth-Charged Double Bastard. 51 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Sharkinator White IPA. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Chocolate Indulgence. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Unity 2018 (West Coast IPA). 5 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to It's a Trappist!. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Sriracha Hot Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity