El Cedro Batch #8
El Cedro from Jester King pours a hazy, golden color with a couple fingers of pure white, foamy head. Funky aroma of light Brettanomyces yeast and pine needles. Taste has a lot of that farmhouse yeast up front, and there's also a bitter, earthy, piney hop flavor. Plus some lemon lime citrus, maybe even some green apple and pear. The cedar aging gives it a touch of wood or barrel notes. Well carbonated with a dry, effervescent mouthful. Slightly tart and very crisp and refreshing. High quality and very enjoyable - this is a farmhouse ale where hopheads will appreciate the bitterness.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Super Session #2. 9 minutes ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Even More Jesus. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Poetic Pestilence. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Peeper Ale. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tropical IPA. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Oxford (2019). 6 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Epitaph 2016. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity