El Cedro Batch #8
El Cedro from Jester King pours a hazy, golden color with a couple fingers of pure white, foamy head. Funky aroma of light Brettanomyces yeast and pine needles. Taste has a lot of that farmhouse yeast up front, and there's also a bitter, earthy, piney hop flavor. Plus some lemon lime citrus, maybe even some green apple and pear. The cedar aging gives it a touch of wood or barrel notes. Well carbonated with a dry, effervescent mouthful. Slightly tart and very crisp and refreshing. High quality and very enjoyable - this is a farmhouse ale where hopheads will appreciate the bitterness.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Bud Light. 18 minutes ago
- Irishnc listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 listened to Arkham's Finest Star Destroyer Umami Rover Truck NxS. 2 hours ago
- lposada listened to Deja Stout. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Portlandia. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Unplugged Imperial Stout. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Not Your Father's Root Beer 5.9%. 6 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity