Eclipse - Imperial Stout Aged in Templeton Rye Barrels
No doubt the perfect beer for today, Eclipse hits all the marks when it comes to a Barrel Aged Imperial Stout. First, on the color, it's a dark brown, nearly black color with a thick, khaki colored, creamy head. Roasted malts and chocolate in the aroma. Taste is amazing: dark roasted malt, milk chocolate, and vanilla. Sweet but not too sweet, and the honey really adds to the flavor for this style of beer. Ours was aged in Templeton Rye barrels, and the barrel aging of this beer really smoothes out all of the flavors. Mouthfeel is creamy with perfect carbonation. All we can say is WOW - one of the best Imperial Stouts we've ever come across. Enjoy!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Zero Buttons IPA. 11 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Think Tank #17. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium + Ben & Jerry's). 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to No Pumpkins Here. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Petrus Aged Red. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Founders reDANKulous. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity