Eclipse - Imperial Stout Aged in Templeton Rye Barrels
No doubt the perfect beer for today, Eclipse hits all the marks when it comes to a Barrel Aged Imperial Stout. First, on the color, it's a dark brown, nearly black color with a thick, khaki colored, creamy head. Roasted malts and chocolate in the aroma. Taste is amazing: dark roasted malt, milk chocolate, and vanilla. Sweet but not too sweet, and the honey really adds to the flavor for this style of beer. Ours was aged in Templeton Rye barrels, and the barrel aging of this beer really smoothes out all of the flavors. Mouthfeel is creamy with perfect carbonation. All we can say is WOW - one of the best Imperial Stouts we've ever come across. Enjoy!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Pride Of CHops. 11 minutes ago
- plarson listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 56 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Melvin IPA. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 4 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Kansas City and Beyond. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Lips of Faith - Pear Ginger Beer. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for 120 Minute IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity