Eclipse - Imperial Stout Aged in Templeton Rye Barrels
No doubt the perfect beer for today, Eclipse hits all the marks when it comes to a Barrel Aged Imperial Stout. First, on the color, it's a dark brown, nearly black color with a thick, khaki colored, creamy head. Roasted malts and chocolate in the aroma. Taste is amazing: dark roasted malt, milk chocolate, and vanilla. Sweet but not too sweet, and the honey really adds to the flavor for this style of beer. Ours was aged in Templeton Rye barrels, and the barrel aging of this beer really smoothes out all of the flavors. Mouthfeel is creamy with perfect carbonation. All we can say is WOW - one of the best Imperial Stouts we've ever come across. Enjoy!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Allagash Black. 9 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Tusk & Grain: Wee Heavy. 46 minutes ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Reuben's Mosaic Crush. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Miami Gras. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Islander IPA. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for American Sour (2015). 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Rahr & Sons Pumpkin. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Fullerton Haze Hop Blend No. 6. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity