Drunken Master pours a slightly cloudy, golden copper color. It has a thin, wispy head but with strong lacing the beer really sticks to the side of the glass. The aroma is strong with tons of resinous piny hops and tea leaf quality as well. This is a combination malt and hop bomb, but as is common with Melvin beers, the alcohol is high but surprising hidden. The malts are bready, bold, and very sweet, but the strong tropical and pine hops pair so well with the malts that neither come off as overwhelming. This delicate balance allows for an incredibly smooth and drinkable DIPA at 9.0%. A Drunken Master indeed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller added a rating for Storms of Saturn. 58 minutes ago
- lposada listened to Arkham's Finest Star Destroyer Umami Rover Truck NxS. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Alpine Duet. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Magnetic Fields. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Invasive Species IPA. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Goose Experimental Ale. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 and 1 other added a rating for Wells Banana Bread Beer. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Lemon Drip. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity