Drunken Master pours a slightly cloudy, golden copper color. It has a thin, wispy head but with strong lacing the beer really sticks to the side of the glass. The aroma is strong with tons of resinous piny hops and tea leaf quality as well. This is a combination malt and hop bomb, but as is common with Melvin beers, the alcohol is high but surprising hidden. The malts are bready, bold, and very sweet, but the strong tropical and pine hops pair so well with the malts that neither come off as overwhelming. This delicate balance allows for an incredibly smooth and drinkable DIPA at 9.0%. A Drunken Master indeed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 12 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Midwest Trip Part 2. 56 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Fancy Stuff Brut IPA. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Into the Woods. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Emperor Norton. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Peeper Ale. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheeple?. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for 11 Pipers Piping. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity