Drunken Master pours a slightly cloudy, golden copper color. It has a thin, wispy head but with strong lacing the beer really sticks to the side of the glass. The aroma is strong with tons of resinous piny hops and tea leaf quality as well. This is a combination malt and hop bomb, but as is common with Melvin beers, the alcohol is high but surprising hidden. The malts are bready, bold, and very sweet, but the strong tropical and pine hops pair so well with the malts that neither come off as overwhelming. This delicate balance allows for an incredibly smooth and drinkable DIPA at 9.0%. A Drunken Master indeed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout. 32 minutes ago
- AnnaB listened to Some Pumpkins. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc listened to St. Paddy's Day Show. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to 100th Episode!. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Amalgamator. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Brews and Blues in St. Louis. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for GUBNA Imperial IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity