Drunken Master pours a slightly cloudy, golden copper color. It has a thin, wispy head but with strong lacing the beer really sticks to the side of the glass. The aroma is strong with tons of resinous piny hops and tea leaf quality as well. This is a combination malt and hop bomb, but as is common with Melvin beers, the alcohol is high but surprising hidden. The malts are bready, bold, and very sweet, but the strong tropical and pine hops pair so well with the malts that neither come off as overwhelming. This delicate balance allows for an incredibly smooth and drinkable DIPA at 9.0%. A Drunken Master indeed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 listened to Oktoberfest 2019. 42 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Saison Nouveau. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Smoke and Mirrors. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Kansas City and Beyond. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other listened to Portlandia. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Think Tank #17. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Finally Open in Los Angeles. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity