Drunken Master pours a slightly cloudy, golden copper color. It has a thin, wispy head but with strong lacing the beer really sticks to the side of the glass. The aroma is strong with tons of resinous piny hops and tea leaf quality as well. This is a combination malt and hop bomb, but as is common with Melvin beers, the alcohol is high but surprising hidden. The malts are bready, bold, and very sweet, but the strong tropical and pine hops pair so well with the malts that neither come off as overwhelming. This delicate balance allows for an incredibly smooth and drinkable DIPA at 9.0%. A Drunken Master indeed.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Double Actuator. 35 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Big Swell IPA. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lemon Drip. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Beers Up North. 3 hours ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Glorious Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Amstel Light. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 and 1 other added a rating for Black Noise. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for HOPSMACK!. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity