Brewed in collaboration with Aslin Beer Company, Doogie Bowser is a callback to just a few short years ago when Northeast IPAs first burst on the scene with their juicy hop style. This pours a hazy pale yellow, grapefruit juice color with a thick white head that pitches a tent and stays a while. The fresh hop aroma features tropical fruit and pine notes. It has a simple malt profile that allows the hops to take center stage. And they do put on a show with overwhelming fruit flavors of lemon citrus, pineapple, passion fruit and tangerine. It is quite sweet but a touch of bitterness in the aftertaste balances it out. The citra, galaxy and strata hops are blended in balance to give a hop-forward flavor without being too noticeable. I was very impressed with this effort from KCBC and will look for their beers again.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Black Rajah. 21 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Crush Cucumber Sour. 53 minutes ago
- lposada listened to Stouting Match. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Feral Vinifera. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for MoonJuice IPA. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Petrus Aged Red. 5 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for S'Mores. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Blak Bavarian Style Black Lager. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity