Brewed in collaboration with Aslin Beer Company, Doogie Bowser is a callback to just a few short years ago when Northeast IPAs first burst on the scene with their juicy hop style. This pours a hazy pale yellow, grapefruit juice color with a thick white head that pitches a tent and stays a while. The fresh hop aroma features tropical fruit and pine notes. It has a simple malt profile that allows the hops to take center stage. And they do put on a show with overwhelming fruit flavors of lemon citrus, pineapple, passion fruit and tangerine. It is quite sweet but a touch of bitterness in the aftertaste balances it out. The citra, galaxy and strata hops are blended in balance to give a hop-forward flavor without being too noticeable. I was very impressed with this effort from KCBC and will look for their beers again.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 43 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Melvin IPA. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 4 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Kansas City and Beyond. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Lips of Faith - Pear Ginger Beer. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for 120 Minute IPA. 7 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Apotheosis. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity