Brewed in collaboration with Aslin Beer Company, Doogie Bowser is a callback to just a few short years ago when Northeast IPAs first burst on the scene with their juicy hop style. This pours a hazy pale yellow, grapefruit juice color with a thick white head that pitches a tent and stays a while. The fresh hop aroma features tropical fruit and pine notes. It has a simple malt profile that allows the hops to take center stage. And they do put on a show with overwhelming fruit flavors of lemon citrus, pineapple, passion fruit and tangerine. It is quite sweet but a touch of bitterness in the aftertaste balances it out. The citra, galaxy and strata hops are blended in balance to give a hop-forward flavor without being too noticeable. I was very impressed with this effort from KCBC and will look for their beers again.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 21 minutes ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Samuel Adams Summer Ale. 37 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Blackened Voodoo Lager. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Formless Reflections. 1 hour ago
- budman1 listened to Christmas Special. 2 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Out of Bounds Strawberry Blonde. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Great American Colorado Beers. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity