Color is medium amber, very clear, with one finger of tan colored soapy head. Plentiful lacing and head retention. Malty and piney aroma that doesn’t surprise us based on the color. The taste follows suit, with flavors of dark bread, roasted malt, and caramel sweetness. Earthy hops for sure, but also some notes of citrus, pine, and berry. The 10% is hard to believe at first, but it does pick up, with some booziness as you get halfway through the can. Medium bodied with a light but smooth and creamy carbonation. Mouthfeel is slick and chewy but not cloying. A nice bitterness appears in the finish. Lots of complexity with this Double IPA and certainly some uniqueness from most of the IPAs we’ve had lately.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Petite Sour Reserva Cassis. 31 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Ellie's Brown Ale. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris and 1 other added a rating for Unpresidential IPA. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Icelandic Doppelbock. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Anchor Steam Beer. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Modern Romance. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Tenured Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Simtra Triple IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity