Color is medium amber, very clear, with one finger of tan colored soapy head. Plentiful lacing and head retention. Malty and piney aroma that doesn’t surprise us based on the color. The taste follows suit, with flavors of dark bread, roasted malt, and caramel sweetness. Earthy hops for sure, but also some notes of citrus, pine, and berry. The 10% is hard to believe at first, but it does pick up, with some booziness as you get halfway through the can. Medium bodied with a light but smooth and creamy carbonation. Mouthfeel is slick and chewy but not cloying. A nice bitterness appears in the finish. Lots of complexity with this Double IPA and certainly some uniqueness from most of the IPAs we’ve had lately.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Happy Hops. 24 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Hop Whore Imperial IPA. 56 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Seafarer Kölsch. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Out Of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Game of Thrones: Three-Eyed Raven. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Alligator. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Thousands of Money. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity