Color is medium amber, very clear, with one finger of tan colored soapy head. Plentiful lacing and head retention. Malty and piney aroma that doesn't surprise us based on the color. The taste follows suit, with flavors of dark bread, roasted malt, and caramel sweetness. Earthy hops for sure, but also some notes of citrus, pine, and berry. The 10% is hard to believe at first, but it does pick up, with some booziness as you get halfway through the can. Medium bodied with a light but smooth and creamy carbonation. Mouthfeel is slick and chewy but not cloying. A nice bitterness appears in the finish. Lots of complexity with this Double IPA and certainly some uniqueness from most of the IPAs we've had lately.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Honey Hips Strong Blonde. 22 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Cantrip Kölsch. 37 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Reissdorf Kölsch. 1 hour ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Solarc Shower Beer. 2 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Rye-on-Rye-on-Rye. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to All About the Stout. 4 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Take Me Down to Cigar City. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity