Davey Murray's Best Scotch Ale
Pours a clear amber color with a tinge of reddish auburn and a thin cream head. Aroma is surprisingly hoppy where we were expecting more malt. Nose is mostly citrus and piney hops with a touch of caramel malt. Taste is also very hoppy - overly so - and is also overly sweet. While there's more malt backbone in the taste, it's more hop than anything, marked by a sticky, heavy booziness. It's a medium mouthfeel that feels heavier the more you let the beer warm up, and the carbonation is on the flatter side of medium. If you're expecting a nice Scotch Ale that's true to the style, you might want to look elsewhere.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada listened to San Diego Part 1. 55 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Beaver State Brews. 2 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Emerald Triangle IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Filbert. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Funky Pumpkin. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Dirty Bastard Ale. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Buddy Black Rye IPA. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Apotheosis. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity