Davey Murray's Best Scotch Ale
Pours a clear amber color with a tinge of reddish auburn and a thin cream head. Aroma is surprisingly hoppy where we were expecting more malt. Nose is mostly citrus and piney hops with a touch of caramel malt. Taste is also very hoppy - overly so - and is also overly sweet. While there's more malt backbone in the taste, it's more hop than anything, marked by a sticky, heavy booziness. It's a medium mouthfeel that feels heavier the more you let the beer warm up, and the carbonation is on the flatter side of medium. If you're expecting a nice Scotch Ale that's true to the style, you might want to look elsewhere.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 004. 41 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Sugaree Maple Bourbon Pecan Pie. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Rhythm in the Lands. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Murk Man IPA. 3 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Never Mind the Beer Here's the Milkshake. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Wailua Wheat. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Alpha Abstraction vol. 7. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity