Davey Murray's Best Scotch Ale
Pours a clear amber color with a tinge of reddish auburn and a thin cream head. Aroma is surprisingly hoppy where we were expecting more malt. Nose is mostly citrus and piney hops with a touch of caramel malt. Taste is also very hoppy - overly so - and is also overly sweet. While there's more malt backbone in the taste, it's more hop than anything, marked by a sticky, heavy booziness. It's a medium mouthfeel that feels heavier the more you let the beer warm up, and the carbonation is on the flatter side of medium. If you're expecting a nice Scotch Ale that's true to the style, you might want to look elsewhere.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer listened to Easter Bunny Beer. 1 minute ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for River Buddy. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Rico Sauvin Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Heady Topper. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for The Orange Curtain. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for What Hath God Wrought. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Bobble Head Red IPA. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Downtown Brown. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity