Dark Star Black Kolsch
Dark Star is a Black Kolsch, which, after having this beer, is a style we'd like to see a lot more of. The color is dark but the beer is still fairly light bodied. Taste is mostly caramel malt and toffee, with a cashew or hazelnut nutty flavor. Hops are light and subtle, but grassy in nature and complementary to the malts. Some black pepper on the finish, and very smooth. We really enjoyed this beer and would highly recommend dropping by the brewery if you can make it to Columbia, Missouri.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 and 1 other added a rating for Panther. 37 minutes ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Pyramid Hefeweizen. 1 hour ago
- beerdrinker24 and 1 other listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Three Philosophers (2015). 4 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for LagerHosen. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller and 1 other listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for El Jeffe American Wheat. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity