Dark Matter Wheat Porter
Dark Matter pours a murky brown with a thin cream colored head that recedes to a mere ring around the glass. The aroma is nicely malted with a touch of chocolate. It has a somewhat light to medium mouthfeel but good carbonation. The taste is intense. It's very saucy, and depending on the temperature of the beer, that's either soy sauce or maybe a caramel sauce. Weird, we know. As it warmed, there was a really nice hard caramel candy flavor paired with a light bitterness that ended in a mild saltiness. We couldn't pick up any wheat in this beer, but it was significantly malted.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Highland Oatmeal Porter. 10 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Young's Double Chocolate Stout. 55 minutes ago
- DadMike added a rating for Cloud Curtain - Nelson Sauvin . 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Julius. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Arete 2016. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Partying Past Burning Bridges. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Tre Fontane Tripel Trappist Ale. 4 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Love Child No. 9. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity