Thirsty Trout Porter
Thirsty Trout Porter is dark brown with reddish highlights around the edges. Tan colored head, thin and filmy. Aroma is mostly dark chocolate, but also cinnamon, brown sugar, and even some oats. Taste is robust and similar to the aroma, and though it keeps a presence, it doesn't have as much chocolate flavor as the aroma would suggest. We get dark roasted malts, coffee, toffee, and some nuttiness, maybe hazelnut. The roasted malt and light chocolate flavors seem to linger on the tongue. At 7%, this is extremely drinkable and light bodied. Classic porter with lots of flavor; this is one we really like.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Create-A-Potato. 23 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Great Lei Pineapple Colada IPA. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Redhook Sunrye Summer Ale. 2 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Glorious Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to No Pumpkins Here. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Great Lakes Brewing Oktoberfest. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Allagash White. 6 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Ten Fidy. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity