Thirsty Trout Porter
Thirsty Trout Porter is dark brown with reddish highlights around the edges. Tan colored head, thin and filmy. Aroma is mostly dark chocolate, but also cinnamon, brown sugar, and even some oats. Taste is robust and similar to the aroma, and though it keeps a presence, it doesn't have as much chocolate flavor as the aroma would suggest. We get dark roasted malts, coffee, toffee, and some nuttiness, maybe hazelnut. The roasted malt and light chocolate flavors seem to linger on the tongue. At 7%, this is extremely drinkable and light bodied. Classic porter with lots of flavor; this is one we really like.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Exploring the Vault. 6 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Warsteiner Oktoberfest. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer listened to Hop o' The Morning. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bruery Terreux Oude Tart with Cherries. 3 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Pacific Northwest. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 5 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Hayburner. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to October Spectacular!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity