Dark Horse Reserve Special Black Ale
Very dark brown color, almost black, but not quite. Head is brown and creamy, initially thick but then slims down to a nice film. Roasted malt and a bit of alcohol in the aroma. Taste is pretty similar, with lots of roasted and burnt malt flavors, coffee, dark chocolate, and a little medicinal or peppermint flavor. Hops are earthy and spicy. But there's just a hint of caramel sweetness, but it's not too sweet. Mouthfeel is clean and sharp, similar to a porter. Finish has a combination of black pepper bite alongside hop bitterness. Overall, very complex and intense flavors that create a really nice dark beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Little Beast Brewing Lager. 15 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Belt & Suspenders. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Mikkeller Beer Geek Cocoa Shake. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Ten Fidy. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Squatters Juicy IPA. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for 5 Lb Sledge Hammer. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Strawberry Milkshake IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity