Dark Horse Reserve Special Black Ale
Very dark brown color, almost black, but not quite. Head is brown and creamy, initially thick but then slims down to a nice film. Roasted malt and a bit of alcohol in the aroma. Taste is pretty similar, with lots of roasted and burnt malt flavors, coffee, dark chocolate, and a little medicinal or peppermint flavor. Hops are earthy and spicy. But there's just a hint of caramel sweetness, but it's not too sweet. Mouthfeel is clean and sharp, similar to a porter. Finish has a combination of black pepper bite alongside hop bitterness. Overall, very complex and intense flavors that create a really nice dark beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Booming Rollers. 8 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Adam. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to From the Archives Part 1. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for HazyCaliFrajilisticHoppyaladocious. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Morning Star. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Levadura. 6 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Christmas Show 2018. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity