Dark Horse Reserve Special Black Ale
Very dark brown color, almost black, but not quite. Head is brown and creamy, initially thick but then slims down to a nice film. Roasted malt and a bit of alcohol in the aroma. Taste is pretty similar, with lots of roasted and burnt malt flavors, coffee, dark chocolate, and a little medicinal or peppermint flavor. Hops are earthy and spicy. But there's just a hint of caramel sweetness, but it's not too sweet. Mouthfeel is clean and sharp, similar to a porter. Finish has a combination of black pepper bite alongside hop bitterness. Overall, very complex and intense flavors that create a really nice dark beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller added a rating for Cherries Jubilee (Epicurean) 2019. 25 minutes ago
- lposada listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 34 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Storms of Saturn. 1 hour ago
- lposada listened to Arkham's Finest Star Destroyer Umami Rover Truck NxS. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Alpine Duet. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Magnetic Fields. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Invasive Species IPA. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Goose Experimental Ale. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity