Dark Horse Reserve Special Black Ale
Very dark brown color, almost black, but not quite. Head is brown and creamy, initially thick but then slims down to a nice film. Roasted malt and a bit of alcohol in the aroma. Taste is pretty similar, with lots of roasted and burnt malt flavors, coffee, dark chocolate, and a little medicinal or peppermint flavor. Hops are earthy and spicy. But there's just a hint of caramel sweetness, but it's not too sweet. Mouthfeel is clean and sharp, similar to a porter. Finish has a combination of black pepper bite alongside hop bitterness. Overall, very complex and intense flavors that create a really nice dark beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 and 1 other listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 24 minutes ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Beer Across the U.S.A.. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Three Philosophers (2015). 2 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for LagerHosen. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller and 1 other listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for El Jeffe American Wheat. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for The Devil's Invention. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tropical IPA. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity