Dark Horse Reserve Special Black Ale
Very dark brown color, almost black, but not quite. Head is brown and creamy, initially thick but then slims down to a nice film. Roasted malt and a bit of alcohol in the aroma. Taste is pretty similar, with lots of roasted and burnt malt flavors, coffee, dark chocolate, and a little medicinal or peppermint flavor. Hops are earthy and spicy. But there's just a hint of caramel sweetness, but it's not too sweet. Mouthfeel is clean and sharp, similar to a porter. Finish has a combination of black pepper bite alongside hop bitterness. Overall, very complex and intense flavors that create a really nice dark beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Pride Of CHops. 42 minutes ago
- plarson listened to Louisiana and Florida Gulf Coast Brews. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Melvin IPA. 2 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 4 hours ago
- lauralane listened to Kansas City and Beyond. 5 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Lips of Faith - Pear Ginger Beer. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for 120 Minute IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity