Chocolate Sombrero is a Mexican-Style Chocolate Stout that pours a dark brown color with a thick head. There's a roasted malt and smoky flavor in the aroma that sets the stage for an amazing taste. Initially we find ancho chile with a little bit of heat, but it's still pretty subtle. Then we get some cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and chili powder. But without a doubt the roasted malt and chocolate flavors dominate. But it's not brewed with chocolate, which is interesting given all of the dark chocolate and cocoa flavors. The "Strange Brew" from our Clown Shoes podcast, this is a complex and full of flavor stout that you should not pass up.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 listened to From the Archives Part 1. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest (2020). 1 hour ago
- budman1 and 1 other listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Enjoy by 4.20 IPA. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for ChocoLatte. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Fort Point (Mosaic Dry Hopped). 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to Sour Power Hour. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity