Grande Réserve (Blue)
Chimay Blue pours a brown color with an reddish-amber hue and a medium tan head. It has a bready yeast smell with a touch of cherries and brandy. It's complex with a dark fruit and caramel flavor, some woody notes and a touch of bitterness to balance out some candy sweetness. Somehow it's refreshing, although not exactly crisp. The buttery aftertaste lingers on the tongue and has a cumulative warming effect, lasting a little longer than other beers of this style; and that's not a bad thing.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- spaceman23 added a rating for Bitter Valentine. 12 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Hop Swingers. 58 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Pelican. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for PsycHOPathy IPA. 3 hours ago
- RexMundi commented on beer Allagash Curieux. 3 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Another One. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Redemption. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity