Pours a dark amber and dark red color, clear but non-transparent. The head is about one finger thick, foamy and light tan in color. The head lasts forever – it didn’t really diminish at all. Aroma is strong and malty, with huge amounts of dark fruit and spice. On the taste, we get lots of fruit upfront, especially cherry. Rich, malty flavors with winter spices, toffee, butter, vanilla, and brown sugar. The cherry taste is pretty sweet initially, which was unexpected as this is made with Balaton cherries which tend to have more tartness. Not too boozy for a Belgian-style quad at 10.7% ABV. Super smooth mouthfeel, with a medium to full body. Well balanced and dangerously drinkable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Down 'N Dirty Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. 22 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Solarc Shower Beer. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 and 1 other listened to Eastbound and Downed. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to LA LA Land. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Citra Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Seattle Show. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Stone Go To IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity