Pours a dark amber and dark red color, clear but non-transparent. The head is about one finger thick, foamy and light tan in color. The head lasts forever – it didn’t really diminish at all. Aroma is strong and malty, with huge amounts of dark fruit and spice. On the taste, we get lots of fruit upfront, especially cherry. Rich, malty flavors with winter spices, toffee, butter, vanilla, and brown sugar. The cherry taste is pretty sweet initially, which was unexpected as this is made with Balaton cherries which tend to have more tartness. Not too boozy for a Belgian-style quad at 10.7% ABV. Super smooth mouthfeel, with a medium to full body. Well balanced and dangerously drinkable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for 11 Pipers Piping. 59 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for 3-Way IPA 2020. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to Hazy Beer Quartet. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Bruery Terreux Oude Tart with Cherries. 3 hours ago
- plarson listened to Pumpkin Show 2017. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Lips of Faith - Gratzer. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Meet Your Maker. 6 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Green City. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity