Cerise de Michigan
Cerise de Michigan pours a beautiful peach-like color somewhere between red and orange. The thin head takes the form of a bubbly film on the top of the beer and the moderate aroma is fruit-forward with tart cherry and raspberry notes. The taste is very fruity as well, featuring a blend of cherry, green apple, blueberries, and under-ripe strawberries. It falls mid-range on the sourness scale with quite a bit of mouth-watering tartness balanced by some sugar sweetness in the aftertaste. It is aged in wine barrels and this imparts some oaky characteristics to the flavor. There is also a slight brininess that lends some gose-like salinity. Through all of this, the beer manages to remain refreshing and the 7.5% ABV is not noticeable. This is definitely one to look for from Lake Effect.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Sugaree Maple Bourbon Pecan Pie. 19 minutes ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Rhythm in the Lands. 1 hour ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Murk Man IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Never Mind the Beer Here's the Milkshake. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Wailua Wheat. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Alpha Abstraction vol. 7. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Sippin on Dank. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity