Cascade Sang Royal (2016)
Sang Royal pours a clear, dark brown with a nice ruby red hue. Beautfiul appearance with a thin, off-white head. Mild aroma, but we get tart cherry, dates, and coffee. Taste is pretty sour but it’s not harsh. But there is some acidic tartness. Within the sour world, it’s not too sweet, and not too sour. Taste has a nice combination of fruit and oak barrel flavors. Dark fruit, perhaps cherry, fig, and grape. The barrel adds a lot of smoothness and depth to the mouthfeel. Easy to drink without any sour pucker. Well balanced – exactly what we look for in a sour beer. Clean, refreshing, and crisp. Cascade nailed it with this one!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lazy Hazy IPA. 36 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Alligator. 3 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Donner Party Porter. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Dynamo Donut Imperial Stout. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Seizoen. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity