Cascade Sang Royal (2016)
Sang Royal pours a clear, dark brown with a nice ruby red hue. Beautfiul appearance with a thin, off-white head. Mild aroma, but we get tart cherry, dates, and coffee. Taste is pretty sour but it’s not harsh. But there is some acidic tartness. Within the sour world, it’s not too sweet, and not too sour. Taste has a nice combination of fruit and oak barrel flavors. Dark fruit, perhaps cherry, fig, and grape. The barrel adds a lot of smoothness and depth to the mouthfeel. Easy to drink without any sour pucker. Well balanced – exactly what we look for in a sour beer. Clean, refreshing, and crisp. Cascade nailed it with this one!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Victory Festbier. 4 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Decadent Imperial IPA. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Seafarer Kölsch. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Beaver State Brews. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to Zero-G Yeast and the Beer Beneath. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Crusher. 6 hours ago
- dheliker and 1 other commented on beer AW-JEFF IT!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity