Cascade Sang Royal (2016)
Sang Royal pours a clear, dark brown with a nice ruby red hue. Beautfiul appearance with a thin, off-white head. Mild aroma, but we get tart cherry, dates, and coffee. Taste is pretty sour but it's not harsh. But there is some acidic tartness. Within the sour world, it's not too sweet, and not too sour. Taste has a nice combination of fruit and oak barrel flavors. Dark fruit, perhaps cherry, fig, and grape. The barrel adds a lot of smoothness and depth to the mouthfeel. Easy to drink without any sour pucker. Well balanced - exactly what we look for in a sour beer. Clean, refreshing, and crisp. Cascade nailed it with this one!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Kirin Ichiban. 4 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Size 7 IPA. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris listened to Stouterday Night Live. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Kushetka Imperial Stout. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Santa's Little Helper with Coffee & Cacao (2018). 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Espress-O-Boros. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Black Phoenix. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Vanilla Sky. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity