Cascade Sang Royal (2016)
Sang Royal pours a clear, dark brown with a nice ruby red hue. Beautfiul appearance with a thin, off-white head. Mild aroma, but we get tart cherry, dates, and coffee. Taste is pretty sour but it's not harsh. But there is some acidic tartness. Within the sour world, it's not too sweet, and not too sour. Taste has a nice combination of fruit and oak barrel flavors. Dark fruit, perhaps cherry, fig, and grape. The barrel adds a lot of smoothness and depth to the mouthfeel. Easy to drink without any sour pucker. Well balanced - exactly what we look for in a sour beer. Clean, refreshing, and crisp. Cascade nailed it with this one!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- MilwaukeeDawn and 1 other listened to Portlandia. 28 minutes ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Think Tank #17. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Finally Open in Los Angeles. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to LA LA Land. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Whimsy. 6 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Steve Austin's Broken Skull IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity