Cascade Blueberry 2013 Project
Beautiful appearance that is reddish purple or cranberry in color, semi-transparent with some visible carbonation. Fizzy white head that disappears quickly. Aroma is strong with plenty of Brettanomyces presence, even after aging this for 5+ additional years in our cellar. The sourness is well contained; mild without any puckering. There's an herbal or earthy flavor and some blueberry notes, but less than we expected. Very woody, with huge flavor influence from the oak barrels. Light bodied, crisp, and refreshing. The 7.75% is well hidden. Perhaps some of the sourness and blueberry flavors faded over time, but even this 2013 packs a huge amount of flavor and stimulating tasting experience for any sour beer fan.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for 300. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Citra High. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Swami's IPA. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Hazy Shade of Winter. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hoss. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Old Scallywag - Oak Brandy Barrel Aged (2015). 5 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Purple Haze. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity