Cascade Blueberry 2013 Project
Beautiful appearance that is reddish purple or cranberry in color, semi-transparent with some visible carbonation. Fizzy white head that disappears quickly. Aroma is strong with plenty of Brettanomyces presence, even after aging this for 5+ additional years in our cellar. The sourness is well contained; mild without any puckering. There’s an herbal or earthy flavor and some blueberry notes, but less than we expected. Very woody, with huge flavor influence from the oak barrels. Light bodied, crisp, and refreshing. The 7.75% is well hidden. Perhaps some of the sourness and blueberry flavors faded over time, but even this 2013 packs a huge amount of flavor and stimulating tasting experience for any sour beer fan.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for 11th Anniversary Barleywine. 30 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Backroad Vanilla Porter. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to It's a Trappist!. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for The Devil's Invention. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Olympia Beer. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to From the Archives Part 1. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Stout at the Devil