Brewery Ommegang Brut IPA
Color is semi-transparent, yellow straw with a thick, frothy white head. Lots of visible carbonation bubbles. Aroma is what we'd expect from this brewery: floral and herbal hoppiness along with Belgian-yeast like a farmhouse ale. Taste is bright, with lemon, grapefruit, pine, white grape, and a bit of tropical fruit. Hoppy flavors, but there are some Saison similarities as well. And you definitely notice the pilsner malt with its soft and delicate flavor. Fizzy and effervescent with seltzer-like carbonation. This doesn't seem like your traditional Brut IPA (if there is one yet), but the Belgian-style twist makes this one of the more unique ones out there.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Birra Nursia Bionda. 9 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Pina Agria. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for Snow Plow Milk Stout. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Trader Joe's Sour Blueberry. 3 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Derivative: Mystery. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Something to Reel (Juicy IPA #13). 5 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for The Patsy. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Rahr & Sons Pumpkin. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity