Brewery Ommegang Brut IPA
Color is semi-transparent, yellow straw with a thick, frothy white head. Lots of visible carbonation bubbles. Aroma is what we'd expect from this brewery: floral and herbal hoppiness along with Belgian-yeast like a farmhouse ale. Taste is bright, with lemon, grapefruit, pine, white grape, and a bit of tropical fruit. Hoppy flavors, but there are some Saison similarities as well. And you definitely notice the pilsner malt with its soft and delicate flavor. Fizzy and effervescent with seltzer-like carbonation. This doesn't seem like your traditional Brut IPA (if there is one yet), but the Belgian-style twist makes this one of the more unique ones out there.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Lupulin River. 1 minute ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Calm Before the Storm. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 and 1 other added a rating for Pyramid Curve Ball. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming and 1 other added a rating for Death From Above. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Pumpkin Harvest Ale. 4 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Mosaic Promise. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity