Bretta Rose No. 003
We aged the Bretta Rose (Batch No. 3) for almost a year and a half after bottling (February 2016) before taking it out of the cellar for this tasting. It pours a non-transparent, reddish color, just like rose. Super white, frothy head with a constant string of bubbles that rises up from the bottom of the glass. Strong, floral aroma of both Brett and fruity raspberries. You can also smell the oak barrels in the aroma. Taste is similar, with lots of raspberry fruit. The Brett funk is still there, but it's pretty gentle. And the oak and wood flavors from the barrel smooth things out. Dry mouthfeel with good carbonation. The finish is refreshing and crisp, with a tart acidity that lingers. A really nice wild ale from Firestone Walker's Barrelworks.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Stout at the Devil. 58 minutes ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Gordon Biersch Pilsner. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Deserables. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 3 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for CHP - Chocolate Hazelnut Porter. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to The Gold Standard. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 7 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Alaskan Summer Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity