On the pour, Breck IPA is a cloudy, amber orange color with a foamy, off-white, and long lasting head. Aroma is appealing: both malty and hoppy but not dominated by either one. On the taste, we first get the malt. Light sweetness with hints of brown sugar and honey. Fittingly for a Colorado beer, this is much maltier than a West Coast IPA, but not as malty as most East Coast IPAs. Hops bring forward tropical fruit and piney flavors, all very well balanced with the malt. Medium body with medium carbonation. Finish is a pleasant bitterness that seems to intensify with each sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller added a rating for Natural Liberty. 39 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Arête 2016 . 40 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Spock It. 50 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Isle Of MaGourdo. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Kitty Kat Blues. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Icelandic Wee Heavy. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller added a rating for West Coast Red. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Hammerland DIPA. 3 hours ago
- More Latest Activity