Color is dark brown, almost black with an equally dark brown head that is creamy and over a finger thick. Boozy aroma - lots of toasted malt and chocolate and dark fruit. Whoa, taste is big and bold. Boozy from start to finish with a burn like you just took a whiskey shot. Dark chocolate, molasses, dark fruit, coffee, vanilla, and lactose. There's a pleasant caramel sweetness but nowhere near becoming a dessert beer. Earthy hops but those take a backseat to all the rich malt flavors. Full bodied and viscous with a velvety mouthfeel. It's strong, but at 17.2% what did you expect? Enjoy this slowly and appreciate the smooth, lingering flavor with each sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Le Merle. 47 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Bitter Monk. 1 hour ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for PseudoSue Galaxy Dry Hopped. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Devil Dancer. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Hop Kitchen - Bretta IPA. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Gregorius Trappist Ale. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB and 1 other added a rating for Mana Wheat. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity