Color is dark brown, almost black with an equally dark brown head that is creamy and over a finger thick. Boozy aroma - lots of toasted malt and chocolate and dark fruit. Whoa, taste is big and bold. Boozy from start to finish with a burn like you just took a whiskey shot. Dark chocolate, molasses, dark fruit, coffee, vanilla, and lactose. There's a pleasant caramel sweetness but nowhere near becoming a dessert beer. Earthy hops but those take a backseat to all the rich malt flavors. Full bodied and viscous with a velvety mouthfeel. It's strong, but at 17.2% what did you expect? Enjoy this slowly and appreciate the smooth, lingering flavor with each sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Avery Twenty Three Anniversary. 45 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Peche Mortel. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Fiend Without a Face. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Just Outstanding IPA. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Saint Archer Mosaic IPA. 7 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Hop Rhapsody. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity