Color is dark brown, almost black with an equally dark brown head that is creamy and over a finger thick. Boozy aroma - lots of toasted malt and chocolate and dark fruit. Whoa, taste is big and bold. Boozy from start to finish with a burn like you just took a whiskey shot. Dark chocolate, molasses, dark fruit, coffee, vanilla, and lactose. There's a pleasant caramel sweetness but nowhere near becoming a dessert beer. Earthy hops but those take a backseat to all the rich malt flavors. Full bodied and viscous with a velvety mouthfeel. It's strong, but at 17.2% what did you expect? Enjoy this slowly and appreciate the smooth, lingering flavor with each sip.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Adam. 59 minutes ago
- duffy12 and 1 other listened to Seattle Show. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning listened to From the Archives Part 1. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for HazyCaliFrajilisticHoppyaladocious. 4 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Morning Star. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Levadura. 6 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Christmas Show 2018. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Le Jus. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity