Bourbon County Brand Wheatwine (2018)
Color is reddish, medium to dark amber with a razor thin, dark tan colored head. Strong, boozy aroma. Wow - the taste is bold, in your face booziness. You can't miss the 15.4% as each sip warms your whole upper body. Smooth, malty flavors of dark bread soaked in a sweetness of vanilla, caramel, butterscotch, molasses, and brown sugar. Mild hints of dark fruit and even banana. Plus there are underlying bourbon and oak flavors from the time spent in the barrel. Mouthfeel is buttery and warming. Quite complex with a lot going on. It's light on the carbonation but with a full body - perfect for the style. While this will surely cellar well, it's very enjoyable now, especially on a cold winter day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Cerasus Magnifera. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Pomona Queen. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning and 1 other added a rating for Stoutella. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Hop Juice. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer June AF Hazy IPA. 4 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for 805. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Double Overhead Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Partying Past Burning Bridges. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity