Bourbon County Brand Wheatwine (2018)
Color is reddish, medium to dark amber with a razor thin, dark tan colored head. Strong, boozy aroma. Wow - the taste is bold, in your face booziness. You can't miss the 15.4% as each sip warms your whole upper body. Smooth, malty flavors of dark bread soaked in a sweetness of vanilla, caramel, butterscotch, molasses, and brown sugar. Mild hints of dark fruit and even banana. Plus there are underlying bourbon and oak flavors from the time spent in the barrel. Mouthfeel is buttery and warming. Quite complex with a lot going on. It's light on the carbonation but with a full body - perfect for the style. While this will surely cellar well, it's very enjoyable now, especially on a cold winter day.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for San Diego Pale Ale .394. 28 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Mind Haze IPA. 1 hour ago
- Alexa added a rating for Tre Fontane Tripel Trappist Ale. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Flocculative Tendencies. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 and 1 other listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Thanksgiving Leftovers. 5 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Erdinger Oktoberfest. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Oak Aged Highland Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity