Color is dark brown with some red highlights around the edges. A finger or so of bubbly, dark tan head that fades down to a thin film. Big, roasted malt aroma. The taste follows suit, with flavors of chocolate, coffee, and vanilla. In addition to the dark roasted malts, there's a soft and creamy mouthfeel, perhaps from some oats. But what stands out most is the huge amount of fruit flavors. Cherry, raspberry, plum, and dates. We don't often find this much dark fruit in a bourbon barrel aged imperial stout. There's a mild sweetness and while the 10.5% is mostly hidden, there's a nice alcohol warming in the finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Capitulation. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 listened to If You're Drinkin', Euro-Peein. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Summer Solstice. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Jubel 2015. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Zero-G Yeast and the Beer Beneath. 5 hours ago
- plarson listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Naja Imperial Red IPA. 7 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Supplication. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity