Color is dark brown with some red highlights around the edges. A finger or so of bubbly, dark tan head that fades down to a thin film. Big, roasted malt aroma. The taste follows suit, with flavors of chocolate, coffee, and vanilla. In addition to the dark roasted malts, there's a soft and creamy mouthfeel, perhaps from some oats. But what stands out most is the huge amount of fruit flavors. Cherry, raspberry, plum, and dates. We don't often find this much dark fruit in a bourbon barrel aged imperial stout. There's a mild sweetness and while the 10.5% is mostly hidden, there's a nice alcohol warming in the finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 15 minutes ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to L.A. Beers. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Dos Equis Amber. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Fort George Fresh IPA. 7 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Fire, Skulls & Money. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity