Color is dark brown with some red highlights around the edges. A finger or so of bubbly, dark tan head that fades down to a thin film. Big, roasted malt aroma. The taste follows suit, with flavors of chocolate, coffee, and vanilla. In addition to the dark roasted malts, there's a soft and creamy mouthfeel, perhaps from some oats. But what stands out most is the huge amount of fruit flavors. Cherry, raspberry, plum, and dates. We don't often find this much dark fruit in a bourbon barrel aged imperial stout. There's a mild sweetness and while the 10.5% is mostly hidden, there's a nice alcohol warming in the finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris listened to Hop o' The Morning. 40 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Kabru West Coast IPA. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Gordon Biersch Pilsner. 4 hours ago
- martincolon added a rating for Magnetic Fields. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for New Glory Farmhouse. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Mount Kenya IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity