Color is dark brown with some red highlights around the edges. A finger or so of bubbly, dark tan head that fades down to a thin film. Big, roasted malt aroma. The taste follows suit, with flavors of chocolate, coffee, and vanilla. In addition to the dark roasted malts, there’s a soft and creamy mouthfeel, perhaps from some oats. But what stands out most is the huge amount of fruit flavors. Cherry, raspberry, plum, and dates. We don’t often find this much dark fruit in a bourbon barrel aged imperial stout. There’s a mild sweetness and while the 10.5% is mostly hidden, there’s a nice alcohol warming in the finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Irishnc added a rating for Happy Hops. 3 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Hop Whore Imperial IPA. 36 minutes ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Seafarer Kölsch. 2 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Out Of Your Gourd Pumpkin Porter. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Game of Thrones: Three-Eyed Raven. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Alligator. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Thousands of Money. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity