Color is dark brown with some red highlights around the edges. A finger or so of bubbly, dark tan head that fades down to a thin film. Big, roasted malt aroma. The taste follows suit, with flavors of chocolate, coffee, and vanilla. In addition to the dark roasted malts, there’s a soft and creamy mouthfeel, perhaps from some oats. But what stands out most is the huge amount of fruit flavors. Cherry, raspberry, plum, and dates. We don’t often find this much dark fruit in a bourbon barrel aged imperial stout. There’s a mild sweetness and while the 10.5% is mostly hidden, there’s a nice alcohol warming in the finish.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for 11th Anniversary Barleywine. 32 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Backroad Vanilla Porter. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to It's a Trappist!. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for The Devil's Invention. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Olympia Beer. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to From the Archives Part 1. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Stout at the Devil