Bourbon Barrel Giant Made of Shadows 2015
The 2015 Giant Made of Shadows is a Belgian Strong Ale that was aged in bourbon barrels. The color is deep reddish brown with a thin head. The aroma on this beer will blow you away. It is intense and a bit intimidating with a boozy onslaught of alcohol and fruit, almost like a spiked apple cider. But the flavor is delicious and not boozy at all. Lots of fruit flavors, especially apple, but perhaps some dark fruit as well. Mixed in are cinnamon and clove spices, plus caramel or butterscotch. Silky smooth texture with a warming mouthfeel. This is bourbon barrel aged, and that is noticeable, but some of the flavors might make you think of something aged in a rum barrel instead. Overall this is an outstanding beer. The 2015 version was released in 2016, and we'd love to pick up a few more of these to cellar and try again in a year or two!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 listened to Take Me Down to Cigar City. 38 minutes ago
- mackleminor added a rating for Lime:Thirty Lager. 43 minutes ago
- mackleminor uploaded a photo for beer Lime:Thirty Lager. 45 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Black Sand Imperial IPA. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Thresher. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for DDH Blissful Ignorance. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Trader Joe's Sour Blueberry. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer God Complex Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity