Bourbon Barrel Giant Made of Shadows 2015
The 2015 Giant Made of Shadows is a Belgian Strong Ale that was aged in bourbon barrels. The color is deep reddish brown with a thin head. The aroma on this beer will blow you away. It is intense and a bit intimidating with a boozy onslaught of alcohol and fruit, almost like a spiked apple cider. But the flavor is delicious and not boozy at all. Lots of fruit flavors, especially apple, but perhaps some dark fruit as well. Mixed in are cinnamon and clove spices, plus caramel or butterscotch. Silky smooth texture with a warming mouthfeel. This is bourbon barrel aged, and that is noticeable, but some of the flavors might make you think of something aged in a rum barrel instead. Overall this is an outstanding beer. The 2015 version was released in 2016, and we'd love to pick up a few more of these to cellar and try again in a year or two!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for Shploing!!. 44 minutes ago
- RichardHarris and 1 other added a rating for Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale. 1 hour ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 2 hours ago
- budman1 listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lush Double IPA. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Inclined IPA. 6 hours ago
- SweeneyWorldWide commented on beer Button & Muffin. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity