Blood Of The Unicorn
Blood of the Unicorn pours a dark reddish amber color with a good finger of off-white, foamy head. Big, malty aroma – this smells exactly how it looks. Likewise, the taste has flavors of dark bread, especially rye and pumpernickel. The bready flavors are complemented by a brown sugar sweetness. But it’s not a sweet beer – this is really malt-forward, until the hops take over. There’s a fantastic balance as the hops slide in and transform this beer with a refreshing bitterness. Earthy, woody, resinous hop flavors. Mouthfeel is crisp with a medium body. Nicely done, Pipeworks!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnnaB added a rating for Heart of Stone. 25 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Hop Sounds. 48 minutes ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Fat Head's Head Hunter. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for ALL CAPS. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Trumer Pils. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Sabre-Toothed Squirrel. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for 75 Minute IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity