Black Sand Imperial IPA
Black Sand is one of the "twin" Imperial IPAs from Strand Brewing Co. It pours a dark copper color with a lacy head. Much like the White Sand, this is dominated by dark crystal malts and has a bit of a British feel to it. There are some hops, and they are a little fruity and tropical, maybe dragon fruit or lychee? In the middle you'll find a caramel sweetness, but also some burnt toffee notes, giving way to a pretty bitter finish. It's a nice, complex beer, but similar to the White Sand except for the darker color and a little more burnt toffee and caramel notes.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Oberon Ale. 46 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Rare Form (Barrel Aged). 1 hour ago
- Alexa and 1 other listened to OMG Brewery Ommegang!. 2 hours ago
- CoorsLightning and 1 other listened to October Spectacular!. 3 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Shadow of a Doubt. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Exit 18 Baltic Porter. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for La Terrible. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Redhook Long Hammer IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity