Black Sand Imperial IPA
Black Sand is one of the "twin" Imperial IPAs from Strand Brewing Co. It pours a dark copper color with a lacy head. Much like the White Sand, this is dominated by dark crystal malts and has a bit of a British feel to it. There are some hops, and they are a little fruity and tropical, maybe dragon fruit or lychee? In the middle you'll find a caramel sweetness, but also some burnt toffee notes, giving way to a pretty bitter finish. It's a nice, complex beer, but similar to the White Sand except for the darker color and a little more burnt toffee and caramel notes.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Kirin Ichiban. 4 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Size 7 IPA. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris listened to Stouterday Night Live. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Kushetka Imperial Stout. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Santa's Little Helper with Coffee & Cacao (2018). 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Espress-O-Boros. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Black Phoenix. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Vanilla Sky. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity