Black Sand Imperial IPA
Black Sand is one of the “twin” Imperial IPAs from Strand Brewing Co. It pours a dark copper color with a lacy head. Much like the White Sand, this is dominated by dark crystal malts and has a bit of a British feel to it. There are some hops, and they are a little fruity and tropical, maybe dragon fruit or lychee? In the middle you’ll find a caramel sweetness, but also some burnt toffee notes, giving way to a pretty bitter finish. It’s a nice, complex beer, but similar to the White Sand except for the darker color and a little more burnt toffee and caramel notes.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for The Red Glove. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Only Echoes Respond. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Portlandia. 3 hours ago
- lposada listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Squall IPA. 4 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Winter is Here. 5 hours ago
- snpaulson added a rating for 3.8 Miles. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 and 1 other listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity