Black Sand Imperial IPA
Black Sand is one of the "twin" Imperial IPAs from Strand Brewing Co. It pours a dark copper color with a lacy head. Much like the White Sand, this is dominated by dark crystal malts and has a bit of a British feel to it. There are some hops, and they are a little fruity and tropical, maybe dragon fruit or lychee? In the middle you'll find a caramel sweetness, but also some burnt toffee notes, giving way to a pretty bitter finish. It's a nice, complex beer, but similar to the White Sand except for the darker color and a little more burnt toffee and caramel notes.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Hop Troll: Amarillo. 15 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Adelbert's Blueberry Sour. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lolita (2015). 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Le Jus. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Choklat. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Zaftig Wee Heavy. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Lifted Embargo IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity