Black Phoenix pours a dark brown beer, the color of cola. It has a classic stout aroma, that of roasted malts and a touch of toffee. This has on the lighter end of the stout spectrum. It has a light roasted malt flavor with some smoke and only the slightest bit of pepper on the initial sip. The chipotle has a cumulative effect, however, and after 3 or 4 sips you start to pick up some black pepper flavor. After 6 or 7 sips you begin to feel the spice in the black of your throat. The coffee is very subtle and with the spice is almost imperceptible. Consider this an introductory beer for someone looking to try a chili pepper beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for 11th Anniversary Barleywine. 40 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Backroad Vanilla Porter. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to It's a Trappist!. 2 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Gin-Barrel-Aged Tripel. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for The Devil's Invention. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Olympia Beer. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to From the Archives Part 1. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap
Stout at the Devil