Black Phoenix pours a dark brown beer, the color of cola. It has a classic stout aroma, that of roasted malts and a touch of toffee. This has on the lighter end of the stout spectrum. It has a light roasted malt flavor with some smoke and only the slightest bit of pepper on the initial sip. The chipotle has a cumulative effect, however, and after 3 or 4 sips you start to pick up some black pepper flavor. After 6 or 7 sips you begin to feel the spice in the black of your throat. The coffee is very subtle and with the spice is almost imperceptible. Consider this an introductory beer for someone looking to try a chili pepper beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane listened to Deja Stout. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Hoss. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Yuengling Lager. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for De Garre Belgian Ale. 4 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Scary Jesus Rock Star. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Emerald Triangle IPA. 7 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Downtown Brown. 8 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Sabre-Toothed Squirrel. 9 hours ago
- More Latest Activity