Black Phoenix pours a dark brown beer, the color of cola. It has a classic stout aroma, that of roasted malts and a touch of toffee. This has on the lighter end of the stout spectrum. It has a light roasted malt flavor with some smoke and only the slightest bit of pepper on the initial sip. The chipotle has a cumulative effect, however, and after 3 or 4 sips you start to pick up some black pepper flavor. After 6 or 7 sips you begin to feel the spice in the black of your throat. The coffee is very subtle and with the spice is almost imperceptible. Consider this an introductory beer for someone looking to try a chili pepper beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 45 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Family Values. 1 hour ago
- lauralane added a rating for Mikkeller Beer Geek Cocoa Shake. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Hop Sounds. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Trip in the Woods: Narwhal Imperial Stout. 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Tellin' Lies. 7 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Mogli. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity
What's On Tap