Black is Beautiful (Topa Topa Brewing Co.)
This version of Black is Beautiful is brewed by Topa Topa Brewing in Ventura, CA, hosted by Weathered Souls Brewing Company in San Antonio, TX. Color is very dark brown with two fingers of fluffy, dark khaki colored head. Malty aroma that smells somewhat sweet with lots of coffee notes. After a few sips, we see some nice lacing left on the glass. The taste is similar to the aroma, with dark bready notes, coffee, molasses, and brown sugar. It’s not too sweet though, and tastes more like robust cold brew coffee, plus some cigar and smoked meat flavors. Well balanced, with earthy hop flavors, medium carbonation, and a smooth mouthfeel. The 10% ABV will catch up with you, but Topa Topa put this in 12 oz cans so it’s manageable. We enjoyed this beer and its purpose – pick this up at your local brewery and show your support.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Lupulin River. 52 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Calm Before the Storm. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 and 1 other added a rating for Pyramid Curve Ball. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming and 1 other added a rating for Death From Above. 4 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Pumpkin Harvest Ale. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Mosaic Promise. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity