Black is Beautiful (Topa Topa Brewing Co.)
This version of Black is Beautiful is brewed by Topa Topa Brewing in Ventura, CA, hosted by Weathered Souls Brewing Company in San Antonio, TX. Color is very dark brown with two fingers of fluffy, dark khaki colored head. Malty aroma that smells somewhat sweet with lots of coffee notes. After a few sips, we see some nice lacing left on the glass. The taste is similar to the aroma, with dark bready notes, coffee, molasses, and brown sugar. It’s not too sweet though, and tastes more like robust cold brew coffee, plus some cigar and smoked meat flavors. Well balanced, with earthy hop flavors, medium carbonation, and a smooth mouthfeel. The 10% ABV will catch up with you, but Topa Topa put this in 12 oz cans so it’s manageable. We enjoyed this beer and its purpose – pick this up at your local brewery and show your support.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Critical Band. 27 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hop 2 It (Idaho Gem). 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Pathfinder. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pollen Nation Honey Blonde Ale. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Muis (with Galaxy Hops). 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Whale Bay. 5 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Brownie Double Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Chaotic Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity