Bitter Valentine pours a deep gold or light amber color. It's fairly clear but not entirely transparent. Head is off-white, creamy and fluffy, with good retention and plenty of lacing. Aroma is hoppy and dank with citrus and pine. That carries over to the flavor, where the resinous pine and citrus take center stage. There's support from the bready malts that turn to a brown sugar and honey sweetness, which combined provide a nice balance to the hops. It's not all that bitter, despite the name, but the bitterness does seem to accumulate in the finish. Mouthfeel is creamy with a medium body. Finishes smooth with a nice mix between the citrus bitterness and malt sweetness. We're not bitter-Happy Valentine's Day from our crew to yours!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Hell or High Watermelon Wheat Beer. 26 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Even More Jesus. 42 minutes ago
- ohbuckeyenut commented on beer Hell or High Watermelon Wheat Beer. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 and 1 other listened to L.A.I.P.As. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for X-Large. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Log Yard IPA. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Tocobaga. 5 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Calfé. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity