Bitter Valentine pours a deep gold or light amber color. It’s fairly clear but not entirely transparent. Head is off-white, creamy and fluffy, with good retention and plenty of lacing. Aroma is hoppy and dank with citrus and pine. That carries over to the flavor, where the resinous pine and citrus take center stage. There’s support from the bready malts that turn to a brown sugar and honey sweetness, which combined provide a nice balance to the hops. It’s not all that bitter, despite the name, but the bitterness does seem to accumulate in the finish. Mouthfeel is creamy with a medium body. Finishes smooth with a nice mix between the citrus bitterness and malt sweetness. We’re not bitter…Happy Valentine’s Day from our crew to yours!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lazy Hazy IPA. 37 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 1 hour ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Alligator. 3 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Donner Party Porter. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Bourbon County Brand Stout (2017). 5 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Dynamo Donut Imperial Stout. 5 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Seizoen. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity