Bitter Valentine pours a deep gold or light amber color. It's fairly clear but not entirely transparent. Head is off-white, creamy and fluffy, with good retention and plenty of lacing. Aroma is hoppy and dank with citrus and pine. That carries over to the flavor, where the resinous pine and citrus take center stage. There's support from the bready malts that turn to a brown sugar and honey sweetness, which combined provide a nice balance to the hops. It's not all that bitter, despite the name, but the bitterness does seem to accumulate in the finish. Mouthfeel is creamy with a medium body. Finishes smooth with a nice mix between the citrus bitterness and malt sweetness. We're not bitter-Happy Valentine's Day from our crew to yours!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- plarson added a rating for Fulton Barrel Aged Proper Porter. 42 minutes ago
- Wildflowers4u commented on beer Two Hearted Ale. 1 hour ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Redemption. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Beer V. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for King Sue. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to It's a Trappist!. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Orange Blossom Blonde Ale. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Focal Banger. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity