Bitter Valentine pours a deep gold or light amber color. It’s fairly clear but not entirely transparent. Head is off-white, creamy and fluffy, with good retention and plenty of lacing. Aroma is hoppy and dank with citrus and pine. That carries over to the flavor, where the resinous pine and citrus take center stage. There’s support from the bready malts that turn to a brown sugar and honey sweetness, which combined provide a nice balance to the hops. It’s not all that bitter, despite the name, but the bitterness does seem to accumulate in the finish. Mouthfeel is creamy with a medium body. Finishes smooth with a nice mix between the citrus bitterness and malt sweetness. We’re not bitter…Happy Valentine’s Day from our crew to yours!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer listened to On the Boulevard. 56 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Sum'r Summer Ale. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Sanctification. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Flock Wave Unfiltered Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for BORIS The Crusher Reserve. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Sactown Brews. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Alpers Trout Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Melvin IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity