Bitter Valentine pours a deep gold or light amber color. It’s fairly clear but not entirely transparent. Head is off-white, creamy and fluffy, with good retention and plenty of lacing. Aroma is hoppy and dank with citrus and pine. That carries over to the flavor, where the resinous pine and citrus take center stage. There’s support from the bready malts that turn to a brown sugar and honey sweetness, which combined provide a nice balance to the hops. It’s not all that bitter, despite the name, but the bitterness does seem to accumulate in the finish. Mouthfeel is creamy with a medium body. Finishes smooth with a nice mix between the citrus bitterness and malt sweetness. We’re not bitter…Happy Valentine’s Day from our crew to yours!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Azacca IPA. 15 minutes ago
- silversurfer listened to Exploring the Vault. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 listened to LA LA Land. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 and 1 other listened to Midwest Trip Part 2. 3 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Imaginary Friends. 4 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Head South. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Pachamama Porter. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Dogfish Head Punkin Ale. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity