Bitter Valentine pours a deep gold or light amber color. It’s fairly clear but not entirely transparent. Head is off-white, creamy and fluffy, with good retention and plenty of lacing. Aroma is hoppy and dank with citrus and pine. That carries over to the flavor, where the resinous pine and citrus take center stage. There’s support from the bready malts that turn to a brown sugar and honey sweetness, which combined provide a nice balance to the hops. It’s not all that bitter, despite the name, but the bitterness does seem to accumulate in the finish. Mouthfeel is creamy with a medium body. Finishes smooth with a nice mix between the citrus bitterness and malt sweetness. We’re not bitter…Happy Valentine’s Day from our crew to yours!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Victory Festbier. 5 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Decadent Imperial IPA. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Seafarer Kölsch. 2 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to Beaver State Brews. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn listened to New England Part 2: Vermont IPAs. 4 hours ago
- lposada listened to Zero-G Yeast and the Beer Beneath. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Crusher. 6 hours ago
- dheliker and 1 other commented on beer AW-JEFF IT!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity