Color is deep gold, non-transparent, with a finger of white, frothy head and beautiful lacing on the glass. Brettanomyces in the nose and a distinct Belgian-style aroma of fruit and oak. Initial taste is yeasty - both Belgian yeast and the Brett. But the Brett is balanced and doesn't overpower everything else like some beers of this style. Cracker-like malts give way to huge amount of hops. Citrus, white pepper, and floral or grassy flavors with a medium hop bitterness. Lots of oak flavors from both the foudre and the chardonnay barrels. Mouthfeel is tingly dry with above average carbonation, and just a hint of tartness. Complex and enjoyable to drink, this is a superb representation in the Belgian-style Double IPA world.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for Tribute Double IPA. 11 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Le Jus. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 listened to Back to the Brews. 1 hour ago
- Vette432 listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc and 1 other listened to L.A.I.P.As. 3 hours ago
- jhmiller commented on beer Pacific Jade Freestylin'. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Pacific Jade Freestylin'. 5 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Alpha Abstraction vol. 7. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity