Color is deep gold, non-transparent, with a finger of white, frothy head and beautiful lacing on the glass. Brettanomyces in the nose and a distinct Belgian-style aroma of fruit and oak. Initial taste is yeasty – both Belgian yeast and the Brett. But the Brett is balanced and doesn’t overpower everything else like some beers of this style. Cracker-like malts give way to huge amount of hops. Citrus, white pepper, and floral or grassy flavors with a medium hop bitterness. Lots of oak flavors from both the foudre and the chardonnay barrels. Mouthfeel is tingly dry with above average carbonation, and just a hint of tartness. Complex and enjoyable to drink, this is a superb representation in the Belgian-style Double IPA world.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- ghost74 added a rating for Cherry Chocolate Stout. 8 minutes ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Citradamus. 19 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer CA$H MONY . 28 minutes ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Fantasy Factory. 29 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Downtown Brown. 58 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Ten Fidy (Barrel-Aged). 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for The New Frontier Triple California Style IPA. 3 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Epic Barley Wine . 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity