Color is deep gold, non-transparent, with a finger of white, frothy head and beautiful lacing on the glass. Brettanomyces in the nose and a distinct Belgian-style aroma of fruit and oak. Initial taste is yeasty – both Belgian yeast and the Brett. But the Brett is balanced and doesn’t overpower everything else like some beers of this style. Cracker-like malts give way to huge amount of hops. Citrus, white pepper, and floral or grassy flavors with a medium hop bitterness. Lots of oak flavors from both the foudre and the chardonnay barrels. Mouthfeel is tingly dry with above average carbonation, and just a hint of tartness. Complex and enjoyable to drink, this is a superb representation in the Belgian-style Double IPA world.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Citra Bend. 21 minutes ago
- lposada added a rating for Funky Pumpkin. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc listened to Stone, Cold. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Elevation Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Orange Blossom Blonde Ale. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Alpha King. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Odell IPA. 6 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity