Color is deep gold, non-transparent, with a finger of white, frothy head and beautiful lacing on the glass. Brettanomyces in the nose and a distinct Belgian-style aroma of fruit and oak. Initial taste is yeasty - both Belgian yeast and the Brett. But the Brett is balanced and doesn't overpower everything else like some beers of this style. Cracker-like malts give way to huge amount of hops. Citrus, white pepper, and floral or grassy flavors with a medium hop bitterness. Lots of oak flavors from both the foudre and the chardonnay barrels. Mouthfeel is tingly dry with above average carbonation, and just a hint of tartness. Complex and enjoyable to drink, this is a superb representation in the Belgian-style Double IPA world.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Kabru West Coast IPA. 22 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 1 hour ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 2 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Gordon Biersch Pilsner. 3 hours ago
- martincolon added a rating for Magnetic Fields. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for New Glory Farmhouse. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Mount Kenya IPA. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Le Merle. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity