Color is deep gold, non-transparent, with a finger of white, frothy head and beautiful lacing on the glass. Brettanomyces in the nose and a distinct Belgian-style aroma of fruit and oak. Initial taste is yeasty - both Belgian yeast and the Brett. But the Brett is balanced and doesn't overpower everything else like some beers of this style. Cracker-like malts give way to huge amount of hops. Citrus, white pepper, and floral or grassy flavors with a medium hop bitterness. Lots of oak flavors from both the foudre and the chardonnay barrels. Mouthfeel is tingly dry with above average carbonation, and just a hint of tartness. Complex and enjoyable to drink, this is a superb representation in the Belgian-style Double IPA world.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Some Pumpkins. 50 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Chocolate Indulgence. 1 hour ago
- HansKennedy30 added a rating for Peeper Ale. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Saison de Lis. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Union Jack. 3 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Last Chance IPA. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Benchmark Brewing Co. IPA. 6 hours ago
- AnkleDeep and 1 other listened to California Grab Bag. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity