Bifrost Winter Ale
Elysian's BiFrost Winter Ale pours a hazy, amber orange color. Head is fairly thin, white, and bubbly. Aroma is citrusy with a bit of holiday spice. The taste is interesting: this is a high alcohol 8.3% ABV pale ale, serving as a winter beer. Not your typical winter warmer, this drinks more like an IPA. Yeast and bread flavors that provide some malty sweetness, but it's not as sweet as some winter beers. Hops seem to be citrus, pine, and herbal, with a little bite in the finish. Medium body with a slightly syrupy or sticky mouthfeel. Overall, not your typical winter warmer, but for IPA fans, this makes for an interesting beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris added a rating for Brew Free! Or Die IPA. 8 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for James and Julie. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to Beers Up North. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Citra Mango Milkshake. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Citra Mango Milkshake. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for All the Hops. 2 hours ago
- RichardHarris listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Silver Lake Saison. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity