Bifrost Winter Ale
Elysian's BiFrost Winter Ale pours a hazy, amber orange color. Head is fairly thin, white, and bubbly. Aroma is citrusy with a bit of holiday spice. The taste is interesting: this is a high alcohol 8.3% ABV pale ale, serving as a winter beer. Not your typical winter warmer, this drinks more like an IPA. Yeast and bread flavors that provide some malty sweetness, but it's not as sweet as some winter beers. Hops seem to be citrus, pine, and herbal, with a little bite in the finish. Medium body with a slightly syrupy or sticky mouthfeel. Overall, not your typical winter warmer, but for IPA fans, this makes for an interesting beer.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Thai Wheat. 23 minutes ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Zero Buttons IPA. 50 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Think Tank #17. 1 hour ago
- plarson added a rating for Salted Caramel Brownie Brown Ale (New Belgium + Ben & Jerry's). 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to No Pumpkins Here. 4 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Petrus Aged Red. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 6 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity