Benny and the Bretts Vol. 1
Pours a non-transparent, reddish amber color. Fizzy, light tan colored head that thins to a film, leaving some lacing on the glass. Aroma is Brett-forward with a lot of fruit. Taste follows suit, with a lip-puckering tartness up front, followed by dark fruit flavors like cherry, cranberry, and pomegranate. Clear signs of the barrel as big oak flavors balance things out. But the sour doesn't fade out, even after several sips. Mouthfeel is crisp with a medium body. This is a fantastic sour red ale and we can't wait to try more beers like this from Smog City Brewing Co.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Diesel5 added a rating for MadeWest Pale Ale. 36 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Batch 15 IPA. 1 hour ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Summertime Brews. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Out of Bounds Strawberry Blonde. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc listened to Get Back to Wort!. 4 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for The Calling IPA. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Charge of the Light Beergade. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Buddy Black Rye IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity