Benny and the Bretts Vol. 1
Pours a non-transparent, reddish amber color. Fizzy, light tan colored head that thins to a film, leaving some lacing on the glass. Aroma is Brett-forward with a lot of fruit. Taste follows suit, with a lip-puckering tartness up front, followed by dark fruit flavors like cherry, cranberry, and pomegranate. Clear signs of the barrel as big oak flavors balance things out. But the sour doesn’t fade out, even after several sips. Mouthfeel is crisp with a medium body. This is a fantastic sour red ale and we can’t wait to try more beers like this from Smog City Brewing Co.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lauralane listened to Beaver State Brews. 25 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Keep the Noise Low. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Citrus Wheat Beer. 2 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Get Back to Wort!. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to The Whole #9 Yards. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to 1st Anniversary Show. 5 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Hitched on Haze. 6 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Weedwacker. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity