Benny and the Bretts Vol. 1
Pours a non-transparent, reddish amber color. Fizzy, light tan colored head that thins to a film, leaving some lacing on the glass. Aroma is Brett-forward with a lot of fruit. Taste follows suit, with a lip-puckering tartness up front, followed by dark fruit flavors like cherry, cranberry, and pomegranate. Clear signs of the barrel as big oak flavors balance things out. But the sour doesn’t fade out, even after several sips. Mouthfeel is crisp with a medium body. This is a fantastic sour red ale and we can’t wait to try more beers like this from Smog City Brewing Co.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Hoss. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Yuengling Lager. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for De Garre Belgian Ale. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Scary Jesus Rock Star. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Emerald Triangle IPA. 6 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Downtown Brown. 7 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Sabre-Toothed Squirrel. 8 hours ago
- AnnaB added a rating for AW-JEFF IT!. 9 hours ago
- More Latest Activity