Benny and the Bretts Vol. 1
Pours a non-transparent, reddish amber color. Fizzy, light tan colored head that thins to a film, leaving some lacing on the glass. Aroma is Brett-forward with a lot of fruit. Taste follows suit, with a lip-puckering tartness up front, followed by dark fruit flavors like cherry, cranberry, and pomegranate. Clear signs of the barrel as big oak flavors balance things out. But the sour doesn't fade out, even after several sips. Mouthfeel is crisp with a medium body. This is a fantastic sour red ale and we can't wait to try more beers like this from Smog City Brewing Co.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Vette432 added a rating for Revivalists Pale Ale. 45 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 1 hour ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Electric Lettuce. 2 hours ago
- beavwarius and 1 other added a rating for Revision IPA. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for 80-Acre Hoppy Wheat Beer. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Killer Bees. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Pumpkin Down. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Treevana IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity