Bavarian Styled Doppel Weizen
This one pours a hazy light apricot with a monstrous cream head and epic retention. The aroma is of banana, citrusy hops, wheat, grassy malt, and some ambiguous spice we think is clove or perhaps nutmeg; there's a lot going on! The taste is as complex as the aroma, following the nose with a lemony brightness and a grassy hop that's not bitter. It's a little overly honey sticky-sweet but the strong hop, wheat, and yeast balance it, although perhaps not quite enough. At 8.7% it packs a wallop, and the alcohol is noticeable and warms more and more.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer listened to It's the Great Pumpkin Show. 37 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Lucille IPA. 1 hour ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Hellboy - Maple Syrup Pancakes Beer. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep listened to LA LA Land. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Chuck-Amok. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 listened to San Diego Part 2. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Le Merle. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity