Bavarian Styled Doppel Weizen
This one pours a hazy light apricot with a monstrous cream head and epic retention. The aroma is of banana, citrusy hops, wheat, grassy malt, and some ambiguous spice we think is clove or perhaps nutmeg; there's a lot going on! The taste is as complex as the aroma, following the nose with a lemony brightness and a grassy hop that's not bitter. It's a little overly honey sticky-sweet but the strong hop, wheat, and yeast balance it, although perhaps not quite enough. At 8.7% it packs a wallop, and the alcohol is noticeable and warms more and more.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Fera Fermentum. 41 minutes ago
- rolandor6 listened to Sour Power Hour. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 2 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Adelbert's Blueberry Sour. 3 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Golden Trout. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Plum Riot. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Beard Tax. 6 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to October Spectacular!. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity