Bavarian Styled Doppel Weizen
This one pours a hazy light apricot with a monstrous cream head and epic retention. The aroma is of banana, citrusy hops, wheat, grassy malt, and some ambiguous spice we think is clove or perhaps nutmeg; there's a lot going on! The taste is as complex as the aroma, following the nose with a lemony brightness and a grassy hop that's not bitter. It's a little overly honey sticky-sweet but the strong hop, wheat, and yeast balance it, although perhaps not quite enough. At 8.7% it packs a wallop, and the alcohol is noticeable and warms more and more.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jbcurtis added a rating for Lambda Triple IPA. 36 minutes ago
- silversurfer and 1 other listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Southern Pecan Nut Brown Ale. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to L.A. Beers. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to Cincinnati 'Tis of Thee. 5 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Dos Equis Amber. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Fort George Fresh IPA. 7 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Fire, Skulls & Money. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity