Bavarian Styled Doppel Weizen
This one pours a hazy light apricot with a monstrous cream head and epic retention. The aroma is of banana, citrusy hops, wheat, grassy malt, and some ambiguous spice we think is clove or perhaps nutmeg; there's a lot going on! The taste is as complex as the aroma, following the nose with a lemony brightness and a grassy hop that's not bitter. It's a little overly honey sticky-sweet but the strong hop, wheat, and yeast balance it, although perhaps not quite enough. At 8.7% it packs a wallop, and the alcohol is noticeable and warms more and more.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Bruery Terreux Oude Tart with Cherries. 1 hour ago
- Alexa listened to If You're Drinkin', Euro-Peein. 2 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Cleaning out the Fridge. 3 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Take Me Down to Cigar City. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Sum'r Summer Ale. 5 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Boone County Brown. 7 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity