Barrel Project: Buzzerkeley
This version of Buzzerkeley is a Barrel-Aged Wild Sparkling Ale. Vintage #0001 from 2014 so it’s been in the bottle for a few years. It pours a cloudy, golden amber color. Head is creamy, foamy, off-white, and leaves some light lacing on the glass. The aroma has a nice funkiness, lots of Brettanomyces and a fruity, champagne-like aroma. Taste is phenomenal. Tart at first, with citrus and tropical fruit flavors; dry and very refreshing. Oak flavors from the Sauvignon Blanc barrels create a soft smoothness but also an earthy, woody bite. The Brett is noticeable, but perhaps the champagne yeast is more pronounced. A semi-sweet honey sweetness shows up in the finish, and the tartness seems to mellow out with each sip. As long as you like tart beers, this is unique twist that combines the qualities of both sour beer and champagne, and we found it to be quite enjoyable.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa listened to Winter is Here. 26 minutes ago
- snpaulson added a rating for 3.8 Miles. 36 minutes ago
- Vette432 and 1 other listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Elevation Double IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer listened to The Greatest Porter in the World. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Galaxy Juice IPA. 4 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 5 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Hoppiness Is A Warm Pun. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity