Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout
Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout couldn't be more enjoyable. It pours a dark brown to black with a monstrous tan head that fades quickly. It smells bready and malty, with a significant dry oat aroma. It's got a lot of carbonation that seems to open it up and lend some hop bitterness to an otherwise creamy, oaty and malty stout. It's reserved in its caramel sweetness but there's enough there to balance out the grainy roasted malt and slight bitter cocoa finish. The oatmeal really smooths it out and mellows it, making it a wonderfully drinkable and almost crisp stout for any time of year.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Ultra Violet Blackberry Sour Ale. 24 minutes ago
- plarson added a rating for Black Rajah. 1 hour ago
- lposada added a rating for The New Frontier Triple California Style IPA. 2 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Mogli. 4 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Peeper Ale. 5 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Samuel Adams Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity