Pours a beautiful, clear, medium amber color with a creamy, light tan head that is about one finger thick with substantial lacing. Cellared aroma of dark fruit and malt. Taste begins with flavors of toffee, caramel malt, and orange zest. Then you get the dark fruit, like raisin, prune, and cherry. Back end has some honey-like sweetness, but it's actually not too sweet. And there is a noticeable hoppiness with herbal and citrusy notes and a kick of bitterness. Light bodied for the style with a crisp mouthfeel. The 12.5% is a shocker. Compared to most barleywines, this is light on the booziness and super drinkable. Well done!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Warsteiner Oktoberfest. 8 minutes ago
- silversurfer listened to Hop o' The Morning. 53 minutes ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Bruery Terreux Oude Tart with Cherries. 2 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Pacific Northwest. 3 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Oktoberfest 2016. 4 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Hayburner. 4 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 listened to October Spectacular!. 6 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Epic IPA. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity