Pours a beautiful, clear, medium amber color with a creamy, light tan head that is about one finger thick with substantial lacing. Cellared aroma of dark fruit and malt. Taste begins with flavors of toffee, caramel malt, and orange zest. Then you get the dark fruit, like raisin, prune, and cherry. Back end has some honey-like sweetness, but it’s actually not too sweet. And there is a noticeable hoppiness with herbal and citrusy notes and a kick of bitterness. Light bodied for the style with a crisp mouthfeel. The 12.5% is a shocker. Compared to most barleywines, this is light on the booziness and super drinkable. Well done!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Alexa added a rating for Depth-Charged Double Bastard. 30 minutes ago
- Alexa added a rating for Sharkinator White IPA. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Chocolate Indulgence. 2 hours ago
- duffy12 listened to Beer Draft: Round One. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Midwest Trip Part 1. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Unity 2018 (West Coast IPA). 5 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to It's a Trappist!. 5 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Sriracha Hot Stout. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity