Pours a beautiful, clear, medium amber color with a creamy, light tan head that is about one finger thick with substantial lacing. Cellared aroma of dark fruit and malt. Taste begins with flavors of toffee, caramel malt, and orange zest. Then you get the dark fruit, like raisin, prune, and cherry. Back end has some honey-like sweetness, but it’s actually not too sweet. And there is a noticeable hoppiness with herbal and citrusy notes and a kick of bitterness. Light bodied for the style with a crisp mouthfeel. The 12.5% is a shocker. Compared to most barleywines, this is light on the booziness and super drinkable. Well done!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Highland Oatmeal Porter. 11 minutes ago
- bruinsfan2001 listened to Winter is Here. 1 hour ago
- duffy12 added a rating for Santilli. 2 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Cougar. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for MadeWest Pale Ale. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Rapturous. 5 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Pok Pok Rhubarb Som Shandy. 6 hours ago
- plarson and 1 other listened to New England Part 1: The Maine Event. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity