Pours a beautiful, clear, medium amber color with a creamy, light tan head that is about one finger thick with substantial lacing. Cellared aroma of dark fruit and malt. Taste begins with flavors of toffee, caramel malt, and orange zest. Then you get the dark fruit, like raisin, prune, and cherry. Back end has some honey-like sweetness, but it's actually not too sweet. And there is a noticeable hoppiness with herbal and citrusy notes and a kick of bitterness. Light bodied for the style with a crisp mouthfeel. The 12.5% is a shocker. Compared to most barleywines, this is light on the booziness and super drinkable. Well done!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Fruit Tramp. 19 minutes ago
- jbcurtis listened to Hop o' The Morning. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 2 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Rosebud Special Ale. 3 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for The Sister. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 listened to What's My Name Again?. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Interurban IPA. 6 hours ago
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Velvet Glow. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity