Pours a beautiful, clear, medium amber color with a creamy, light tan head that is about one finger thick with substantial lacing. Cellared aroma of dark fruit and malt. Taste begins with flavors of toffee, caramel malt, and orange zest. Then you get the dark fruit, like raisin, prune, and cherry. Back end has some honey-like sweetness, but it’s actually not too sweet. And there is a noticeable hoppiness with herbal and citrusy notes and a kick of bitterness. Light bodied for the style with a crisp mouthfeel. The 12.5% is a shocker. Compared to most barleywines, this is light on the booziness and super drinkable. Well done!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Tart of Darkness. 39 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Head South. 1 hour ago
- AnkleDeep listened to Hop o' The Morning. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Unity 2018 (West Coast IPA). 4 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Pale to the King. 5 hours ago
- AnnaB and 1 other listened to Beaver State Brews. 6 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Chaotic Double IPA. 7 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to Clown Shoes: Philled to the Brim. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity