Pours a beautiful, clear, medium amber color with a creamy, light tan head that is about one finger thick with substantial lacing. Cellared aroma of dark fruit and malt. Taste begins with flavors of toffee, caramel malt, and orange zest. Then you get the dark fruit, like raisin, prune, and cherry. Back end has some honey-like sweetness, but it's actually not too sweet. And there is a noticeable hoppiness with herbal and citrusy notes and a kick of bitterness. Light bodied for the style with a crisp mouthfeel. The 12.5% is a shocker. Compared to most barleywines, this is light on the booziness and super drinkable. Well done!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Pathfinder. 42 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Pollen Nation Honey Blonde Ale. 2 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Muis (with Galaxy Hops). 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Whale Bay. 3 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Brownie Double Brown Ale. 4 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Chaotic Double IPA. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Hitachino Nest White Ale. 7 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for James Bean. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity