Pours a beautiful, clear, medium amber color with a creamy, light tan head that is about one finger thick with substantial lacing. Cellared aroma of dark fruit and malt. Taste begins with flavors of toffee, caramel malt, and orange zest. Then you get the dark fruit, like raisin, prune, and cherry. Back end has some honey-like sweetness, but it's actually not too sweet. And there is a noticeable hoppiness with herbal and citrusy notes and a kick of bitterness. Light bodied for the style with a crisp mouthfeel. The 12.5% is a shocker. Compared to most barleywines, this is light on the booziness and super drinkable. Well done!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Brown Angel. 2 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Molecular Self Assembly. 48 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Just for Fun. 1 hour ago
- budman1 added a rating for Boulevard Brewing Chocolate Ale. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Shake Chocolate Porter. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller listened to Oktcovidtest 2020. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Bell's Octoberfest Beer. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Gummy Worms. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity