Salted Caramel Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter
This one is reserved in all the right places. Salted Caramel BBA Porter pours a little lighter than expected, being lightish brown with reddish notes and lets a fair amount of light through. It poured with a thin white head with next to no retention. It smells sweet, malty, a little caramelly and a little oaky. First sip is excellent - slight malt with strong caramel notes and perhaps a faint dose of bourbon. The mouthfeel is pretty light, and the carbonation isn't noticeable one way or the other, leading us to believe it's pretty perfect. As you continue to sip, you really start to pick up the salted caramel and a woodsy chocolate that builds up to a sharp aftertaste and a great bourbon bite that doesn't linger. Everything about this beer is reserved and sophisticated where you'd want it to be. It's a great sipper with complex flavor that's not overwhelming and is very pleasant.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Mocha Marlin. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Island Brewing Company IPA. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Goosed. 3 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Lemon Drip. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Achel 8 Blond. 4 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for The Seer. 6 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Stouting Match. 6 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Union Jack. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity