Salted Caramel Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter
This one is reserved in all the right places. Salted Caramel BBA Porter pours a little lighter than expected, being lightish brown with reddish notes and lets a fair amount of light through. It poured with a thin white head with next to no retention. It smells sweet, malty, a little caramelly and a little oaky. First sip is excellent - slight malt with strong caramel notes and perhaps a faint dose of bourbon. The mouthfeel is pretty light, and the carbonation isn't noticeable one way or the other, leading us to believe it's pretty perfect. As you continue to sip, you really start to pick up the salted caramel and a woodsy chocolate that builds up to a sharp aftertaste and a great bourbon bite that doesn't linger. Everything about this beer is reserved and sophisticated where you'd want it to be. It's a great sipper with complex flavor that's not overwhelming and is very pleasant.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- rolandor6 added a rating for PsycHOPathy IPA. 2 minutes ago
- RexMundi commented on beer Allagash Curieux. 37 minutes ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Another One. 48 minutes ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Redemption. 1 hour ago
- lposada listened to Newport Beach and SoCal Beers. 3 hours ago
- Irishnc added a rating for Mirror Universe. 3 hours ago
- RexMundi added a rating for Allagash Curieux. 4 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Oktoberfestivus. 4 hours ago
- More Latest Activity