Salted Caramel Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter
This one is reserved in all the right places. Salted Caramel BBA Porter pours a little lighter than expected, being lightish brown with reddish notes and lets a fair amount of light through. It poured with a thin white head with next to no retention. It smells sweet, malty, a little caramelly and a little oaky. First sip is excellent - slight malt with strong caramel notes and perhaps a faint dose of bourbon. The mouthfeel is pretty light, and the carbonation isn't noticeable one way or the other, leading us to believe it's pretty perfect. As you continue to sip, you really start to pick up the salted caramel and a woodsy chocolate that builds up to a sharp aftertaste and a great bourbon bite that doesn't linger. Everything about this beer is reserved and sophisticated where you'd want it to be. It's a great sipper with complex flavor that's not overwhelming and is very pleasant.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- budman1 added a rating for Hop Troll: Amarillo. 55 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 listened to The Fairly Okay Thanksgiving Podcast. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for Fairy Nectar London. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Flora. 2 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Art Car IPA. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Rogue Creamery 80th Anniversary Ale. 4 hours ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Bourbon Council. 5 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Hop Hunter IPA. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity