Salted Caramel Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter
This one is reserved in all the right places. Salted Caramel BBA Porter pours a little lighter than expected, being lightish brown with reddish notes and lets a fair amount of light through. It poured with a thin white head with next to no retention. It smells sweet, malty, a little caramelly and a little oaky. First sip is excellent - slight malt with strong caramel notes and perhaps a faint dose of bourbon. The mouthfeel is pretty light, and the carbonation isn't noticeable one way or the other, leading us to believe it's pretty perfect. As you continue to sip, you really start to pick up the salted caramel and a woodsy chocolate that builds up to a sharp aftertaste and a great bourbon bite that doesn't linger. Everything about this beer is reserved and sophisticated where you'd want it to be. It's a great sipper with complex flavor that's not overwhelming and is very pleasant.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- beerdrinker24 added a rating for Lips of Faith - Grätzer. 9 minutes ago
- lauralane added a rating for Stone Mocha IPA. 59 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Jacaranda. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for El Jeffe American Wheat. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Grand Teton Brewing Sour Brown. 4 hours ago
- jhmiller added a rating for More is More. 4 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for 11th Anniversary Barleywine. 4 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for 22nd Crooked Line Birthday Suit. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity