Salted Caramel Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter
This one is reserved in all the right places. Salted Caramel BBA Porter pours a little lighter than expected, being lightish brown with reddish notes and lets a fair amount of light through. It poured with a thin white head with next to no retention. It smells sweet, malty, a little caramelly and a little oaky. First sip is excellent - slight malt with strong caramel notes and perhaps a faint dose of bourbon. The mouthfeel is pretty light, and the carbonation isn't noticeable one way or the other, leading us to believe it's pretty perfect. As you continue to sip, you really start to pick up the salted caramel and a woodsy chocolate that builds up to a sharp aftertaste and a great bourbon bite that doesn't linger. Everything about this beer is reserved and sophisticated where you'd want it to be. It's a great sipper with complex flavor that's not overwhelming and is very pleasant.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- knightowl5000 added a rating for 300. 34 minutes ago
- AnnaB added a rating for Citra High. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Swami's IPA. 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to Hazy Shade of Winter. 2 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Hoss. 4 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Old Scallywag - Oak Brandy Barrel Aged (2015). 5 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Dogfish Head at OTP. 6 hours ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Purple Haze. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity