Salted Caramel Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter
This one is reserved in all the right places. Salted Caramel BBA Porter pours a little lighter than expected, being lightish brown with reddish notes and lets a fair amount of light through. It poured with a thin white head with next to no retention. It smells sweet, malty, a little caramelly and a little oaky. First sip is excellent - slight malt with strong caramel notes and perhaps a faint dose of bourbon. The mouthfeel is pretty light, and the carbonation isn't noticeable one way or the other, leading us to believe it's pretty perfect. As you continue to sip, you really start to pick up the salted caramel and a woodsy chocolate that builds up to a sharp aftertaste and a great bourbon bite that doesn't linger. Everything about this beer is reserved and sophisticated where you'd want it to be. It's a great sipper with complex flavor that's not overwhelming and is very pleasant.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Firestone Pale 31. 1 hour ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Anchor Steam Beer. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 listened to Oktoberfest 2017. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for MadeWest Pale Ale. 3 hours ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Blonde De L'Enfer (25th Anniversary Beer). 4 hours ago
- silversurfer listened to No Pumpkins Here. 6 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Finally Open in Los Angeles. 7 hours ago
- knightowl5000 listened to Seattle Show. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity