Salted Caramel Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter
This one is reserved in all the right places. Salted Caramel BBA Porter pours a little lighter than expected, being lightish brown with reddish notes and lets a fair amount of light through. It poured with a thin white head with next to no retention. It smells sweet, malty, a little caramelly and a little oaky. First sip is excellent - slight malt with strong caramel notes and perhaps a faint dose of bourbon. The mouthfeel is pretty light, and the carbonation isn't noticeable one way or the other, leading us to believe it's pretty perfect. As you continue to sip, you really start to pick up the salted caramel and a woodsy chocolate that builds up to a sharp aftertaste and a great bourbon bite that doesn't linger. Everything about this beer is reserved and sophisticated where you'd want it to be. It's a great sipper with complex flavor that's not overwhelming and is very pleasant.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- Missy19 added a rating for Hop Whoopin'. 7 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Poetic Pestilence. 1 hour ago
- IPAman listened to Charge of the Light Beergade. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Summer Love Ale. 3 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Just Outstanding IPA. 4 hours ago
- budman1 listened to Beaver State Brews. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Allagash Curieux. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Alpers Trout Pale Ale. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity