Anchor Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2016
The 42nd annual release of Anchor's Christmas Ale presents a new recipe as always, but retains the one-of-a-kind taste that we look for in this beer. Color is dark brown, almost black with a khaki head that is thick and foamy. The aroma is fruity and piney. On the taste, it's a malt-forward beer with hints of caramel and molasses. Hops provide balance, with some earthy and piney notes. There are several Christmas spices, as well as anise or black licorice, but all the spices are mild and subtle. Medium body with medium carbonation. We especially like the creamy texture in the mouthfeel. That velvety smoothness flows into the semi-sweet finish and leaves us wanting to grab another one of these before next year!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Lupujus 7. 10 minutes ago
- RichardHarris listened to Hop o' The Morning. 51 minutes ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Kabru West Coast IPA. 1 hour ago
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Stone Delicious IPA. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to Rocky Mountain Beer. 3 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Gordon Biersch Pilsner. 4 hours ago
- martincolon added a rating for Magnetic Fields. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for New Glory Farmhouse. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity