Anchor Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2016
The 42nd annual release of Anchor’s Christmas Ale presents a new recipe as always, but retains the one-of-a-kind taste that we look for in this beer. Color is dark brown, almost black with a khaki head that is thick and foamy. The aroma is fruity and piney. On the taste, it’s a malt-forward beer with hints of caramel and molasses. Hops provide balance, with some earthy and piney notes. There are several Christmas spices, as well as anise or black licorice, but all the spices are mild and subtle. Medium body with medium carbonation. We especially like the creamy texture in the mouthfeel. That velvety smoothness flows into the semi-sweet finish and leaves us wanting to grab another one of these before next year!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Backroad Vanilla Porter. 32 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for The Red Glove. 1 hour ago
- IPAman added a rating for Only Echoes Respond. 2 hours ago
- jbcurtis listened to Portlandia. 3 hours ago
- lposada listened to What Can Brown Do For Brew?. 4 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Squall IPA. 5 hours ago
- Alexa listened to Winter is Here. 6 hours ago
- snpaulson added a rating for 3.8 Miles. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity