Anchor Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2016
The 42nd annual release of Anchor's Christmas Ale presents a new recipe as always, but retains the one-of-a-kind taste that we look for in this beer. Color is dark brown, almost black with a khaki head that is thick and foamy. The aroma is fruity and piney. On the taste, it's a malt-forward beer with hints of caramel and molasses. Hops provide balance, with some earthy and piney notes. There are several Christmas spices, as well as anise or black licorice, but all the spices are mild and subtle. Medium body with medium carbonation. We especially like the creamy texture in the mouthfeel. That velvety smoothness flows into the semi-sweet finish and leaves us wanting to grab another one of these before next year!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- lposada added a rating for Betty IPA. 39 minutes ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for IPA 395. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to The Haze Craze of the IPA. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 listened to From the Archives Part 1. 3 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. 4 hours ago
- Vette432 listened to What's My Name Again?. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for Ripe IPA. 6 hours ago
- PrinceCharming and 1 other listened to Beers Up North. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity