Anchor Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2016
The 42nd annual release of Anchor's Christmas Ale presents a new recipe as always, but retains the one-of-a-kind taste that we look for in this beer. Color is dark brown, almost black with a khaki head that is thick and foamy. The aroma is fruity and piney. On the taste, it's a malt-forward beer with hints of caramel and molasses. Hops provide balance, with some earthy and piney notes. There are several Christmas spices, as well as anise or black licorice, but all the spices are mild and subtle. Medium body with medium carbonation. We especially like the creamy texture in the mouthfeel. That velvety smoothness flows into the semi-sweet finish and leaves us wanting to grab another one of these before next year!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- DadMike added a rating for Hofbrau Oktoberfest. 5 minutes ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for The Blue. 29 minutes ago
- Missy19 listened to Iconic Beers of 2020: Pliny for President, Black is Beautiful and More!. 1 hour ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Ayinger Oktober Fest-Marzen. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Sam Adams Octoberfest. 2 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer 1516 Kellerbier. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 listened to LA LA Land. 2 hours ago
- More Latest Activity