American Sour (2015)
We let this sour age a few extra years, as this is the 2015 version. On the pour, we get a non-transparent, caramel orange, or apricot color. There is a white, bubbly head that fades pretty quickly but leaves some lacing. It smells amazing, with a sour and fruity aroma, with some hints of white wine. The malts are grainy and wheaty, but they are subtle. The fruit flavors held up well, with tastes of cherry, green apple, and white grape. Sour and tart, but super smooth, as the wine barrel flavors are very apparent. Mouthfeel like white wine: crisp and clean. An excellent sour beer from Idaho!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Lips of Faith - Pear Ginger Beer. 25 minutes ago
- budman1 added a rating for Fruit Tramp. 1 hour ago
- rolandor6 added a rating for Storms of Saturn. 2 hours ago
- snfan13 added a rating for Pale to the King. 2 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Oktoberfestivus. 4 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Lupujus 7. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Ironfire 51/50 IPA. 6 hours ago
- Missy19 listened to Fall Back Grab Bag. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity