American Sour (2015)
We let this sour age a few extra years, as this is the 2015 version. On the pour, we get a non-transparent, caramel orange, or apricot color. There is a white, bubbly head that fades pretty quickly but leaves some lacing. It smells amazing, with a sour and fruity aroma, with some hints of white wine. The malts are grainy and wheaty, but they are subtle. The fruit flavors held up well, with tastes of cherry, green apple, and white grape. Sour and tart, but super smooth, as the wine barrel flavors are very apparent. Mouthfeel like white wine: crisp and clean. An excellent sour beer from Idaho!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- RichardHarris listened to No Pumpkins Here. 34 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Lost Lake IPA. 1 hour ago
- AnnaB listened to Pelican. 2 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Clencher Double IPA. 3 hours ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Bretta Rose No. 003. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Zipline Double IPA. 5 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Beer Camp Across America - Sweet Sunny South. 6 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity