American Sour (2015)
We let this sour age a few extra years, as this is the 2015 version. On the pour, we get a non-transparent, caramel orange, or apricot color. There is a white, bubbly head that fades pretty quickly but leaves some lacing. It smells amazing, with a sour and fruity aroma, with some hints of white wine. The malts are grainy and wheaty, but they are subtle. The fruit flavors held up well, with tastes of cherry, green apple, and white grape. Sour and tart, but super smooth, as the wine barrel flavors are very apparent. Mouthfeel like white wine: crisp and clean. An excellent sour beer from Idaho!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Big Daddy IPA. 40 minutes ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to Fourth of July Special 2015. 1 hour ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Santa's Private Reserve Ale (2018). 2 hours ago
- Diesel5 listened to 99 Podcasts of Beer on the Web, 99 Podcasts of Beer. 3 hours ago
- plarson added a rating for Erdinger Oktoberfest. 4 hours ago
- lposada added a rating for Uppercut IPA. 5 hours ago
- MilwaukeeDawn added a rating for The Slowest Drink at the Saddest Bar on the Sunniest Day in the Greatest City. 6 hours ago
- jhmiller uploaded a photo for beer Chief of Chiefs. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity