American Sour (2015)
We let this sour age a few extra years, as this is the 2015 version. On the pour, we get a non-transparent, caramel orange, or apricot color. There is a white, bubbly head that fades pretty quickly but leaves some lacing. It smells amazing, with a sour and fruity aroma, with some hints of white wine. The malts are grainy and wheaty, but they are subtle. The fruit flavors held up well, with tastes of cherry, green apple, and white grape. Sour and tart, but super smooth, as the wine barrel flavors are very apparent. Mouthfeel like white wine: crisp and clean. An excellent sour beer from Idaho!
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- silversurfer added a rating for Haiku de Saison. 11 minutes ago
- CoachBrobb890 added a rating for Golden Nugget. 19 minutes ago
- RichardHarris added a rating for Stoplight. 1 hour ago
- atlantic4400 added a rating for Saison de Lis. 2 hours ago
- plarson listened to Will You Beer My Valentine?. 2 hours ago
- PrinceCharming listened to New Years Blast from the Past. 3 hours ago
- IPAman added a rating for Deserables. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 listened to Hop o' The Morning. 5 hours ago
- More Latest Activity