Curieux is the Barrel Aged version of the Tripel Ale from Allagash. It pours an amber orange color with a thin, filmy head. Aroma is a like a Belgian-style ale with some coriander and slight boozy scent. On the taste, there are definite hints of both banana and coconut. The usual tastes of coriander and orange peel are more of an accent, not the predominant flavors. Mouthfeel is powdery, with a light to medium body. The 11% is well masked, attributable to the barrel aging. But the bourbon and oak do not overwhelm like some barrel-aged beers, however it does come through on the finish. Overall this is simply a high quality BA Tripel from beginning to end.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 added a rating for Cuvee-Brut. 13 minutes ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Otra Vez. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Sierra Nevada Brown Ale. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Feminist. 3 hours ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Cherry Chocolate Stout. 4 hours ago
- outlawninja12 and 1 other listened to Pumpkin Show 2018. 5 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat. 6 hours ago
- IPAman listened to San Diego Part 2. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity