Curieux is the Barrel Aged version of the Tripel Ale from Allagash. It pours an amber orange color with a thin, filmy head. Aroma is a like a Belgian-style ale with some coriander and slight boozy scent. On the taste, there are definite hints of both banana and coconut. The usual tastes of coriander and orange peel are more of an accent, not the predominant flavors. Mouthfeel is powdery, with a light to medium body. The 11% is well masked, attributable to the barrel aging. But the bourbon and oak do not overwhelm like some barrel-aged beers, however it does come through on the finish. Overall this is simply a high quality BA Tripel from beginning to end.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- duffy12 listened to Midwest Trip Part 2. 40 minutes ago
- Missy19 listened to Claremont Craft Ales. 1 hour ago
- CityofAngels9 added a rating for Bent Hop Golden IPA. 2 hours ago
- outlawninja12 added a rating for Pinner Throwback IPA. 3 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Dark Horse Reserve Special Black Ale. 4 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Game of Thrones: Valar Dohaeris. 5 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Ellie's Brown Ale. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for Alpha King. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity