Curieux is the Barrel Aged version of the Tripel Ale from Allagash. It pours an amber orange color with a thin, filmy head. Aroma is a like a Belgian-style ale with some coriander and slight boozy scent. On the taste, there are definite hints of both banana and coconut. The usual tastes of coriander and orange peel are more of an accent, not the predominant flavors. Mouthfeel is powdery, with a light to medium body. The 11% is well masked, attributable to the barrel aging. But the bourbon and oak do not overwhelm like some barrel-aged beers, however it does come through on the finish. Overall this is simply a high quality BA Tripel from beginning to end.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Thousands of Money. 16 minutes ago
- jbcurtis added a rating for Mountain Standard Double Black IPA (Barrel Aged). 36 minutes ago
- CoorsLightning added a rating for Big Juicy IPA. 2 hours ago
- AnchorSteamer added a rating for Tap It IPA. 3 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Dark Star Black Kölsch. 3 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Japanese Green Tea IPA. 4 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for Not Your BRO, DAWG. 5 hours ago
- lauralane added a rating for Whirlpool. 6 hours ago
- More Latest Activity