Curieux is the Barrel Aged version of the Tripel Ale from Allagash. It pours an amber orange color with a thin, filmy head. Aroma is a like a Belgian-style ale with some coriander and slight boozy scent. On the taste, there are definite hints of both banana and coconut. The usual tastes of coriander and orange peel are more of an accent, not the predominant flavors. Mouthfeel is powdery, with a light to medium body. The 11% is well masked, attributable to the barrel aging. But the bourbon and oak do not overwhelm like some barrel-aged beers, however it does come through on the finish. Overall this is simply a high quality BA Tripel from beginning to end.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- snfan13 added a rating for Bodhizafa IPA. 14 minutes ago
- PrinceCharming listened to Red, White, and Peach. 1 hour ago
- Irishnc listened to All About the Stout. 2 hours ago
- Vette432 added a rating for Reuben's Brews Gose. 3 hours ago
- Alexa added a rating for Bitter Monk. 3 hours ago
- budman1 added a rating for Saison de Lis. 5 hours ago
- knightowl5000 added a rating for Cherenkov Russian Imperial Stout. 5 hours ago
- Diesel5 added a rating for The Pathfinder. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity