Curieux is the Barrel Aged version of the Tripel Ale from Allagash. It pours an amber orange color with a thin, filmy head. Aroma is a like a Belgian-style ale with some coriander and slight boozy scent. On the taste, there are definite hints of both banana and coconut. The usual tastes of coriander and orange peel are more of an accent, not the predominant flavors. Mouthfeel is powdery, with a light to medium body. The 11% is well masked, attributable to the barrel aging. But the bourbon and oak do not overwhelm like some barrel-aged beers, however it does come through on the finish. Overall this is simply a high quality BA Tripel from beginning to end.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- PrinceCharming added a rating for Mirror Universe. 46 minutes ago
- IPAman added a rating for Lines Double IPA. 1 hour ago
- Missy19 added a rating for The Life Hopquatic. 2 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Big Daddy IPA. 3 hours ago
- rolandor6 listened to Turn Your Head and Coffee. 5 hours ago
- AnkleDeep added a rating for Bozo Beer. 6 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Icelandic Wee Heavy. 6 hours ago
- spaceman23 added a rating for 35 Miles NE. 7 hours ago
- More Latest Activity