Curieux is the Barrel Aged version of the Tripel Ale from Allagash. It pours an amber orange color with a thin, filmy head. Aroma is a like a Belgian-style ale with some coriander and slight boozy scent. On the taste, there are definite hints of both banana and coconut. The usual tastes of coriander and orange peel are more of an accent, not the predominant flavors. Mouthfeel is powdery, with a light to medium body. The 11% is well masked, attributable to the barrel aging. But the bourbon and oak do not overwhelm like some barrel-aged beers, however it does come through on the finish. Overall this is simply a high quality BA Tripel from beginning to end.
- View the most recent Hot Topics.
- IPAman added a rating for Wolf Child Double IPA. 45 minutes ago
- silversurfer added a rating for Snowdrift Vanilla Porter. 1 hour ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Shower Beer (Champion Brewing Company). 3 hours ago
- AnnaB listened to Deja Stout. 4 hours ago
- bruinsfan2001 added a rating for Sparkle Muffin. 5 hours ago
- Missy19 added a rating for Barrio Rojo. 5 hours ago
- CityofAngels9 listened to DIPA Thoughts. 6 hours ago
- ghost74 added a rating for Rebel Rider Session IPA. 8 hours ago
- More Latest Activity